Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wal-mart has models again...

around Christmas time, the Meijers stores had models again... and I picked up a few when they went to clearance... (No MUST HAVE kits, but a few I did like, like the 69 Charger Drag Cars.)

as for the hobbytown USA pics posted.. seen a few in the pic I would like.... like that Chevy truck with a plow, thew Lindberg Crown Vic (I dont have that version)...

as for the Charger cop car.. I never have seen that one, yet.

As for Walmart, I guess I missed that day.... BUT, at least they are finally starting to carry more Johnny Lightning cars that I collect... after raising the prices 50 cents to a dollar each.

I didn't find them at Meijer til they were picked clean. Managed to get the Revell 66 Impala though. I'm gonna make it a mission around Christmas to search the aisles.

Here's the Lindberg police Charger. There's a few different versions.

KGrHqZqE-wl2PhS7BPtwRK6zQ60_12.jpg

With the exception of exotic aftermarket stuff, i buy from my LHS. He special orders and i don't pay shipping. Every so often he knocks something off like 10% but even if he doesn't it gives me some place to hide on Saturday mornings.

Hard to shoot the breeze with the UPS guy.

joe.

So, if ya got the urge at 3 am to build say...a 70 Chevelle and didn't have one on hand, you could just run out and get it.

You just gotta hope you don't run into MartinFan5(5) shopping in his birthday suit!

:o:wacko::blink::rolleyes:

You just gotta hope you don't run into MartinFan5(5) shopping in his birthday suit!

Now now, I never said I was shopping online for models at 1 in the morning, thats an image I dont want :lol:

Be thankful I put cloths on to come to the club meetings, hmm, maybe I wont this month :P , its still very hot here you know ;):o:lol:

Edited by martinfan5

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh, at least he didn't run into the situation Randy Travis ran into the other day.

(If you don't know, you can't miss it if you search for it.)

With the exception of exotic aftermarket stuff, i buy from my LHS. He special orders and i don't pay shipping. Every so often he knocks something off like 10% but even if he doesn't it gives me some place to hide on Saturday mornings.

Hard to shoot the breeze with the UPS guy.

joe.

I'm right there with you on this one. We shop at Walmart all the time, my wife works in the pharmacy so we get 10% off GM, but I would prefer to support my lhs, at least I can walk through the isles without people standing in the way having there personal conversations... and like you said, it's nice to just hang out with other builders.

Dont worry, I really dont go to walmart in my bday suite

Oh Don't worry. I'm sure if you did, it wouldn't be the strangest thing ever in a Walmart.

On topic, I found out neither of my closest Walmarts has started carrying model kits again. Even though the one five minutes from me is arranged the way it was when they had them. :angry:

Edited by Skydime

Wandered into the neighborhood WMSuperCenter last night ... fully clothed ... and found they have shelf space for 2 rows of kits ... they had 2 each of the Revell '55 Chevy convt and the Ooooodi R8 Roadster.

Big deal ... but priced big ... $19.97.

So much for that.

:mellow:

Wandered into the neighborhood WMSuperCenter last night ... fully clothed ...

Big deal ... but priced big ... $19.97.

So much for that.

:mellow:

Well its nice to know that you went fully clothed ;) , as for the price, still a little bit cheaper the LHS, but not by much, heck the the R8 roadster I got it cheaper online with shipping then what that WW is selling it for

why in this day and age anyone supports this hellhole for the sake of a couple cents savings is beyond me.

Did ever think that some families out there dont have a lot of money to spend on the things they need, that they have to stretch their budgets as far as they can, love or hate walmart, it saves people money.

But I guess thats not enough of a good reason for you is it?

so i take it someone deemed my (imho) fairly well reasoned reply beyond the pale and it got exiled?

ok...kool.

I guess I did, but if you would of added a : :lol: or :D it may be taken in the way you intended ;):D

Edited by martinfan5

I talked to Ed Sexton from Revell at the 2012 IPMS convention this week. And I asked if Revell would ever sell kits at Walmart again, he said they were looking into it.

You missed some posts, Tom. They ARE ALREADY selling kits at Walmart again. :huh:

Love or hate Walmart they do provide work for people and paychecks to feed their families and pay their bills. How many more people would be out of work if there was no Walmart ? Don't get me wrong I am not a huge fan of Walmart but they have a right to exhist and people have a right to choose to buy there or not buy there.

I'm talking about a lot more than just a few kits at a random few Walmarts. My Super Walmart hasn't had any in several years. I float through the toy section occasionally just to check. I was under the impression that random managers put them on the shelf on their own accord. I know Walmart has the few odd kits you can order on line, but nothing of much interest.

Yeah, but, hey! The Waltons didn't build that on their own. The gov'mint gave it to them a couple of years ago.

:P

Oh that idiot is never going to live that down! If the government had a hand in it I think it must have been concentrated on the checkout lanes! 5 cashiers, 3 in the afternoon and everybody gets off work about the same time from 3 centrally located factories around here... It's madness!!!

Oh that idiot is never going to live that down! If the government had a hand in it I think it must have been concentrated on the checkout lanes! 5 cashiers, 3 in the afternoon and everybody gets off work about the same time from 3 centrally located factories around here... It's madness!!!

What idiot are you talking about ?