Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Falcon awb

hi everyone, new to posting pics and models....haven't been building until lately for almost 10 years now, however i will post 3 more drag cars in the next day or so. this amt model king 65 falcon is box stock with some engine wiring, the wipers removed...and thats about it. any questions or comments are most welcome. regards, a.c.

Edited by AC Norton

hi alan,..thanks for your kind comments. this one is sprayed with tamiya bright red, then tamiya gloss pearl coat over top. the pics don't show the color as well as it looks in person....that tamiya pearl coat is neat...gives it that 60's killer fleck appearance. regards, a.c.

• 1 year later...

hi gene, yes, I love the Tamiya bright red as well,,,and no doubt it will look great on your awb mustang. just something to note....this falcon has their pearlcoat over the red, and, it does give it that 60s killer fleck appearance, but as with most clears, it does change the color tone somewhat...please keep it in mind, and please post pics of your stang when completed.......good luck,,the ace........ ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Great work. I just used the Tamiya Pearl clear for the first time and it looks great.

I remember my dad buying this kit for me at the old Kress store in Lancaster S.C. I was fascinated by the box art and the box art on this whole series. Two things I remember about that Kress store . The model cars, and the burgers .

thanks norman,,,yes , I too remember that great thrill of choose a car kit, and then head over to the lunch bar for a dog or burger, and a shake. kresges, woolworths, and zellers stores up here were the places to go for that feeling...wood floors, and that sweet smell of the bake shop area....sure would be great if shopping for car kits was that much fun today.....the ace... :rolleyes:

Edited by AC Norton