Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck motors in kits

Up in the tips, tricks & ideas section a database of kit engines is being made up. I posted the truck motors I know of, perhaps some of you could have a look to correct any inaccuracies in specs (I used what I could find off google to fill in the displacement etc). I know there are several kit engines missing because some of the kits I have don't say what the motor is. I have AMT fairly well covered since someone was kind enough to pass along a list someone made up of them, but Revell, Italeri etc are largely unaccounted for.

Here is the post

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopi...asc&start=0

I could find only a little data for the Volvo engines and nothing on the Macks or the IHC V-800.

Thanks

Aaron,

This seams to be a good idea. I wonder if it could be expanded to include aftermarket parts suppliers? Could the data base also include not just engines but transmissions, auxillary transmissions, rear axles, suspensions etc . It would be a big help to be able to look at the data base to see if a combination of components are available and where they are available from before a project is started. This would help costing the project and planning. If you planned on building a custom spec truck and you were after an N14 Cummins where do you get it from and is it available. Have I got to spend my budget on buying a truck from E-bay to get the one component or does an aftermarket supplier have one?

If there was a section in the data base for folks to add components which are not available. If modellers then ticked that component as "desired" when they were looking for it, this would help the after market parts suppliers determine if it was worth while manufacturing the parts.

Best Wishes

Dave Bates