Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Bob,

What are you using for the fawn interior? I've been trying to find a paint that comes close or I can tint and get to look right.

I'm moving out of New Bedford, myself. I've been living on Dartmouth Street for the last two years, back home to Marlborough to save a little money and help out with my parents, hopefully a little more work up there, too.

What part of town are you from?

Charlie Larkin

Holy Moly Charlie. I lived all around that city, but mostly the west end. My last residence was on Cottage St. The corner of Cottage and Smith St. That town has a lot of problems. No work, I could go on and on. Good for you on getting outta there.

The "fawn" color? I was just going to go to the Hobby store and hope it was sitting there. Hmmmm, you got me wondering now. I'll come up with something.

Bob

working on a replica of my first car. 84 regal limited with t-type hood and trunk spoiler. 14" buick style ralleys with 185/75/14 whitewalls, 2 hydraulic pumps, 4 batteries and 2 switches.

Finally someone is building an 84' Regal! I love it! I use to own a 1984 GN, up until I lost my job :) I'll be watching this one closely.If you need something for this build let me know.

All of you guys have messy work areas! I love it! :lol: Keep up the great work guys!

well this thing got big while I've been away for 1 day!! I let it go because no one was taking intrest in it, but I've guess that has changed!! My camera is charging and I'm not working on anything at the moment so yea, I'll post next week though, and thanks to those who have contributed. :)

Holy Moly Charlie. I lived all around that city, but mostly the west end. My last residence was on Cottage St. The corner of Cottage and Smith St. That town has a lot of problems. No work, I could go on and on. Good for you on getting outta there.

The "fawn" color? I was just going to go to the Hobby store and hope it was sitting there. Hmmmm, you got me wondering now. I'll come up with something.

Bob

I'm at the corner of Dartmouth/Grinnell/Cottage, myself. Well, was, am, still sorta-kinda. Move's going slowly, as I can't get any help from anyone except a little from my dad tomorrow. I moved here to teach at New Bedford High School.....the first of far too many mistakes.

I'm looking for a Fawn color. The closest I've seen so far is Tamyia XF57 buff, the XF55 Deck Tan is pretty close to the painted areas and some cars that used a slightly darker carpet or seat bolster, but it's still not quite "there," but it's not that far off, either. I was wondering if you might've dug up something else.

Charlie Larkin

everybody got me beat... i aint even postin pix cuz its that small and if u dont believe me shoot me a convo n ill put some up ... but just imagine... its a 1ft by 2.5ft area... the place on a computer desk where u r suposed to put ur keyboard and slide it in and out...gets the job done p.s. i spray paint what i need in the garage

Hey, I have a 2.5 foot by 10 foot bench, thats cluttered with junk in the last month and my new office desk I got from my dad cluttered with parts and junk. LOL. all that space does is grow in height! LOL. My actual workspace is just like you have, the pull out shelf for the key board. I can put my model I am workin on on that and work. When Im not working on that, I push it in and forget about it and it does not collect the junk! Its the only clean spot in my half of the basement!! LOL. Everyplace else is already cluttered and piling higher! Imagine a month ago when I finished this room off, it was empty and had tons of space. Now I am tripping over things! LOL. Jody

kind of can't on the account its attached to the trailer :D

That is a problem, however a problem not overcome by a big enough hammer. :D

No matter how big of a bench I have I still only end up with a 12X12 inch area to work in. And I have a lot of bench space - over 22sq feet.

Edited by CAL

Well this my workbench last month. Started digging out some old build-ups I got a while back:

4262905919_445006dea9_o.jpg

And this is what it looked like last Saturday. trying to get going on the Muscle car build. Pulled out the 69 el Camino's to start work on it.

4262906051_bb82ecea42_o.jpg

well its not saturday, but theres some action around my bench lately:

my main work area, currently under the lights are the porsche 356 quad cam motor i am building to stuff into a tamiya karmann ghia. what you see is the basic block and transaxle, and off to the right some of the parts still in process to finish it up...this is all straight from the box folks:

mainbench.jpg

and my first staging area as it were. here are partially completed sub assemblies for jaguar racing sedan, 1/8 scale offenhauser motor, and more stuff for the karmann ghia:

table1po.jpg

then my secondary staging area, wish piles, misc junk etc:

table2x.jpg

nothing too exciting but there you have it.

Since it was almost 60 degrees out it was heli day.

I got a coupe out of storage. Worked on a few, ordered some parts, and I am going to try and fire up my newly converted Hyper .50 Hawk.

P1010066.jpg

Edited by CAL

Well I can almost guarntee i have the cleanest work bench in America.... (i have to share it with my girlfriend)

haha as you can see my work bench is a small computer desk with a few boxes of supplies next to it! so there you have it.... a workbench that needs to be completely cleaned off each night before bed haha

4280008402_4b1880d5be_b.jpg

4280012358_85409c4fbf_b.jpg

• 6 months later...