Model Cars Magazine Forum

question about larry gscale order

does anybody order from larry gscale ?.i ordered some diecast items that shipped on the 20th of august 26 days later i still havent got my order . i believe larrys is in new hampshire im in illinois does it take that long to get stuff. i emailed them about this with no response.if anybody out there has had this problem let me know THANKS

Larry claims his stuff will match 24/25th scale models, but the are actually closer to 22nd scale. They DO look a tad larger when placed next to actual 24th/25th scale stuff, but if you need Dio stuff, he DOES have ALOT of interesting stuff. I order from him on occasion and he does mail fairly quickly, but at times it CAN take what seems to be longer than average, but he does come thru.

Larry claims his stuff will match 24/25th scale models, but the are actually closer to 22nd scale.

They are in G scale (hence the name Larry G Scale!)... 1/22.5 to be exact. G scale is a model railroad scale, not a model car scale. His stuff is meant for G scale model RR layouts, which are huge and often are set up outdoors (known as "garden railroads")... but the scale is close enough to 1/24-1/25 to still look "right" when they're used with model cars.

G Scale comprises everything from 1/29 to 1/22.5. Most buildings done in G Scale are in 1/25th. Most of what I see in the plant is 1/29 for rolling stock. Yup! My boss bought a company that sold G scale trains. They call it Wisconsin/Illinois Trains. They are just selling rolling stock, locomotives, track, electronics for DCC and sound, and some building kits from various makers like Bachmann, LGB, Pico and others. I'm trying to get them to take on a line of figures.