Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

• 2 weeks later...

Done some work on this over the last couple of days, added the tail light pockets from the new camaro. Had to modify the front and rear suspension to fit under the chevelle body. I also made some new rotors using pegaus rotors and made a new shim for the front side and used the back side of the camaro unit.

IMG_1251-vi.jpgIMG_1254-vi.jpg

IMG_1252-vi.jpgIMG_1256-vi.jpg

Well would'nt you know it I was not happy with the brake rotors, so I had to change them. So out came the dremel and sand paper, I cut off the calipers and replaced them with the units from a zo6 corvette. I may sand the corvette logo off and try to put chevelle on them. (with decals).

IMG_1267-vi.jpgIMG_1266-vi.jpg

IMG_1268-vi.jpgIMG_1270-vi.jpg

Wow. I just found this thread. This thing is coming together nicely.

A question though. You mentioned the "putty" (evercoat 2 part polyester glazing putty) Where did you get it?

I love the way it spreads on like real "Bondo" and it seems to be easy to work with.

Now for my 2 cents. The whole project is awsome. I wouldn't change the curve of the side windows, the curve they have works with the concept end while the over all body still holds the Chevelle theme.

When i saw the trim piece you put on the side, running through the door. My instant thought was that it would look cool curved in instead of raised out. It seems like it would be too much work and my change the look to much though..

Other than that, this build is going to be incredible. I can't wait to see the final posting in "Under the glass" Be proud!

Oh yeah, i forgot to throw this in. Some one mentioned using the left over parts and doing the reverse build.

Have you given it any thought? Might be interesting..

Edited by pandamonium2112

This car is just awsome. It looks like a proper retro for a original car.

Id recommend you use all the camaro driveline just to keep the retro feel, If not maybe the LS9 from a new ZR1 corvette kit for some extra punch.

After all its a concept their all about grabing attention with new idea while still being relatable to a normal road car.

Edited by d.k.v

I think you've done a great job, but no matter how many times I look at it, I come to the conclusion that the roof is to low and too long.changing the shape of the side window may make a differance, and i think if we could see it with the front glass in the look would change. I like where you're going on the tail lights,...'mimics' the 70, but differant. Will be interesting to see the grille finished.

Wow. I just found this thread. This thing is coming together nicely.

A question though. You mentioned the "putty" (evercoat 2 part polyester glazing putty) Where did you get it?

I love the way it spreads on like real "Bondo" and it seems to be easy to work with

Thanks for your comments pandamonium2112. To answer your question about where to get the evercoat putty. Most of your automotive parts stores should carry some, also you should be able to find it at any auto body suppliers. It is easy to work with and it sands out easy.

This car is just awsome. It looks like a proper retro for a original car.

Id recommend you use all the camaro driveline just to keep the retro feel, If not maybe the LS9 from a new ZR1 corvette kit for some extra punch.

After all its a concept their all about grabing attention with new idea while still being relatable to a normal road car.

Thanks d.k.v. I will be using the complete camaro drive line, but I may modify the intake slightly, but I do like your idea about the new zr1 engine.

I think you've done a great job, but no matter how many times I look at it, I come to the conclusion that the roof is to low and too long.changing the shape of the side window may make a differance, and i think if we could see it with the front glass in the look would change. I like where you're going on the tail lights,...'mimics' the 70, but differant. Will be interesting to see the grille finished.

Thanks Steven Zimmerman for your comments. when I first started this build I was going for the long and low look just too change the appearence of the chevelle, I really dont think I want to change the the shape of the side windows as of yet, but you never know. I took some pictures with the windows in place, and I will have too change the side glass to match up the door lines or visa versa. Let me know what you guys think?.

IMG_1284-vi.jpgIMG_1285-vi.jpg

IMG_1283-vi.jpgIMG_1287-vi.jpg