Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Chevy padded top...

sbk

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words!

I have the steering assembly painted & detailed. I did a quick mock up for a photo.

steering8-s.jpg

This past weekend I added the tuck & roll inserts & piping. The piping & weatherstriping is 32 ga. wire painted with the same acrylic craft paint as the inserts.The darker color is a mix of Tamiya & Dr. P.H. Martin's acrylics. A few coats of Testors Acryl semi-gloss clear gives the sheen to the seats & door panels. Door handles & window cranks are resin copies of some that I scratchbuilt.

51_Chevy-10-20-13-1ss.jpg

1. Great tip for the dash; I always had a problem with that on these tips.

2. Love the steering wheel. When you say you used an ink pen for the rim, specifically what part did you use and from what type of pen? I liked the shift/column, too.

3. The idea for that tuck-and-roll sheet is brilliant!

Beautifully done overall. I really like what I'm seeing here.

Charlie Larkin

1. Great tip for the dash; I always had a problem with that on these tips.

2. Love the steering wheel. When you say you used an ink pen for the rim, specifically what part did you use and from what type of pen? I liked the shift/column, too.

3. The idea for that tuck-and-roll sheet is brilliant!

Beautifully done overall. I really like what I'm seeing here.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks! The earlier photo for the horn ring was a cut down ring from an ink pen, but the soldered joint with the straight brass pieces kept breaking. No use posting photos of the pen because it didn't work out well. This horn ring is made from thin brass sheet bent to shape. I dipped it in a solution formulated to "tin" circuit boards, & that's what make the brass a silver color.

• 6 months later...