Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1:12th scale 1967 Corvette coupe

John E. Bowers Jr.

This is a years old build. Pretty much out of the box with about six coats of Testors Model Master "British Racing Green Metallic" for color and six coats of "Boyds High Gloss Clear" airbrushed and polished with an LMG Enterprises kit that was nearly worn out. Details are finished up with Alclad ll in various places, MCG photoetched emblems, black flocked carpeting, and of course a poor application of Bare Metal Foil. The spark plug wires are .020 silver solder rolled underneath a jewlers file at opposite 45 degree angles to replicate the 1:1 electronic sheathing. The stock exhaust manifolds and entire system are finished with Testors Metalizers of many shades. Not my best effort but certainly not my worst, either. Criticism, questions and comments are all welcome.

100_0009.jpg

100_0008.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0011.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

These pictures were snapped on a gray, cloudy January day and are not the best. This thig really "pops" in the sun. I hope you enjoy anyway...

J.B.

Edited by John E. Bowers Jr.

Holy Moly, John! I don't know if I could handle seeing your 'best'. Dude!!! this is one excellent build!! I hope to build at this level when I grow up--if I ever do. Thanx for the tip about the plug wires--ya think that would pass as the braided fuel lines?

######'n

• 4 weeks later...
Holy Moly, John! I don't know if I could handle seeing your 'best'. Dude!!! this is one excellent build!! I hope to build at this level when I grow up--if I ever do. Thanx for the tip about the plug wires--ya think that would pass as the braided fuel lines?

######'n

Thanks for your praise Dude! The sparky wire trick could work to replicate fuel lines in 1/25th scale, but I think some AN fittings would be in order to make it convincing.