Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Snowball 2'

Abell82

actually i took a .25 in. pie cut out of the rear roof to bring it down a bit, then i split the roof 90% of the way forward to bring the door arch back then made a new upper door. removed the belt line, pie cut the hood and brought the front edge down.

still contemplating the 57 fins

While I applaud your skill and enthusiasm, I wonder if you are not trying to go too far too soon.

The rules were...

No builder does more than one thing.

IE: If you chop it, you can’t channel it / tub it / paint it / etc. (someone else probably will)

Jason Vandergriff has the honor of being the first reserve member...

Edited by Abell82

well send the fins along and let the next guy add them if he wants.....or if he doesnt want to they wont be added. :lol:

I have to say this is an ambitious and inspiring project. I just found this site and joined because of the snowball project and want to congratulate each of you for taking on such an ambitious project. I wish I had found this site earlier as the project sounds like something I personally would love to be involved with. It looks great so far and I am looking forward to seeing photos of the next portion of the build, and the one after that, and after that, and after that. I know the builders list is complete but, if I can get on the alternate list I would happily join.

It has taken me a couple of hours to sift through the whole project thus far, checking out the original project and the posts associated so far with this build but, as I began to read I began to develop my own thoughts on a snowball project. Sort of a surprise snowball project you could say. My thinking was to get a group of four or six people that wanted to participate and have each begin a model of their choice. Each one would be responsible for one part of a model, as each may not begin on building the same model, and pass it on to the designated next person who would do the same thing they did to the last one on the one they just received. The end result would be four or six models, each one being started by the final owner who started the project, but having three or five other peoples influence on the final production. Anyone following me here? Basically what I envision is that I would start say a mid-sixties mustang or camaro and I would be responsible for the engine and running gear, then I would send it along to the next person and wait for the the person behind me to send what they started. What I would receive could be a '48 ford woody, but all I am responsible for is the engine that goes into the model. This would go on for however many modelers are in the group and eventually I would get my original mustang or camaro back with each persons influence showing up in the completed model.

Anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts and wish each of you well wishes on completing this project. Anyone interested in my idea just let me know. I am not trying to detract from this project, just trying to get to know some fellow plastic fanatics. As a modeler of thirty-plus years I am more than happy to talk to others who enjoy what I consider my passion, but do not tell my wife I said this is my passion.

Folks, we have a small problem...

First a little good news...

Showrodfreak has expressed interest in becoming the second alternate. (Welcome!)

Now the bad news...

A fellow board member has brought it to my attention that I have messed up the order, that the people are supposed to receive this project in. I have placed certain members in a position, that would make them do far more then they are capable, such as final assembly or paint, or... This was not my intention, and needs to be rectified.

Thus I am forced to revise the builder's list.

I apologize for the confusion, this may cause, and will attempt to edit the previous listings to reflect the changes being made.

I would strongly urge everyone on the list, to review the revisions, and consider carefully their place on it. I hope that this revision will clear up some problems, and not cause more. Please PM me any concerns that you may have regarding this revised list...and thank you for your patience.

So here is the list I now have:

(Revision 1)

1. Abell82

2. Envious8420

3. Cruzn

4. Len Geisler

5. 99Gt

6. TxRat

7. Pony Express

8. Dave Mikrut

9. Ictpacman

10. Lordmodelbuilder.

11. Roadhawg

12. *Matt LeBlanc*

Alternates:

1.Jason Vandergriff

2.Showrodfreak

could i join as an alternate.? (onso long as i dont do painting. i dont have the facilitys (airbrush spraybooth)

but i love this idea. marbe the proj for the alternates could be a coupe or somthing. or a really crappily styled car to make look really good with infinite amouts of shopping/slamming.(like a 71 gremlin or a chevette or a trabant. (ill be able to provide a trabant kit if this reaches fruition.)

:(

A very interesting story and project history

Jason, my hat is off to you for stepping up to such a "formidable" project

i wish you the best of luck in keeping an even keel to the project

after reading Daves history on the first snowball project, you may have your hands full

Dave, I am very glad to hear all is okay with you and very glad to have you back in the forums!

i missed your input, course i don't frequent the forums like i once did, but, i am very glad to see your back "and" this is one of the better forums to be at

i will be watching the fun here on this project, it looks great, so, with that said,

keep it above the belt gentlemen and come out building

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well Looks like you were next next in line and Jim was suppose to get it out to you almost a month ago..

"Jim, To the courtesy phone....."

OK ..Just wondering.. haven't received it .yet..

Well Looks like you were next next in line and Jim was suppose to get it out to you almost a month ago..

"Jim, To the courtesy phone....."

OK ..Just wondering.. haven't received it .yet..

Ok guys, sorry for the delay. I was hoping to get my camera back so i could take & post pics of what I did, but it looks like I got skunked. I'll put it out to the post office Monday. Dwayne could you take some pics before you start and put them up for me? I also included a bunch of parts, interior and such for who ever does that part to use or not.

Again guys sorry for the delay.

Jim

Ok guys, sorry for the delay. I was hoping to get my camera back so i could take & post pics of what I did, but it looks like I got skunked. I'll put it out to the post office Monday. Dwayne could you take some pics before you start and put them up for me? I also included a bunch of parts, interior and such for who ever does that part to use or not.

Again guys sorry for the delay.

Jim

Jim.. will do..

I will take a Lot of pics when i get Snowball II.

Before i start on anything.

thanks..