Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slowly's Model T

slowlylearning

Thanks :) Im still not sure about the wheels. There was a motorcycle and sidecar scratchbuilt on here somewhere that had awesome scratchbuilt wheels and Id love to have a go at building some of my own. I just need lots of practice :D Wheels are proving very difficult for me, I can never seem to get perfect circles.

Thanks mate :)

I'm really trying to make wheels that have the same 'dainty' style as the ones on this 1:9 scale motorcycle by Brizio, who is a member here. I saw this build in the scratchbuilding thread (http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67014&page=3). I hope Brizio doesnt mind me posting the picture here :D

That is my favorite thread ever, there's so much skill here!!!!!

43vi.jpg

• 5 months later...

I absolutely love all of the out of the box creativity you are showing on the sttreet rod build.The wheels you built are great.All us could benefit from a little more. of your..think it,built it,set practacility aside for a bit and just built it attitude.Keep doing what you like the way you like to do it!!

great idea with the wood kasey, very cool.

try not to use balsa wood though, it gets too "furry" lookin when you sand it. whenever possible, use basswood, its harder, easier to sand, and stands up well over time...your local hobby shop should have it, right in the same display that they have the balsa wood.

keep it goin!

cheers

bryan

• 3 weeks later...