Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner

Pat Cardz

Finally have been getting comfortable with the airbrush so here's the first paint job completed with it.

The color is a Duplicolor touch up paint called frosted Met blue, I thought it looked close enough to Plymouths Frost blue, key word being "thought"lol. I didn't do all that well laying the paint then to make matters worse I ran out of the color, I think I have learned the art of thinning, the hard way! Its pretty much box stock, well that was the intention, funny how things never work out that way.

IM000339.jpg

IM000345.jpg

IM000348.jpg

IM000350.jpg

IM000355.jpg

IM000352.jpg

Hello there friend! Jus wanted to say thats really awesome for your first time painting this way. Practice will always make better. I myself have a hard time using the spray can method. O' dont get discouraged i have two sneaker boxes full of cars bodies jus for experimenting with airbrushing. In this hobby there is always room for improvement and mistakes.So keep on wit the keepin on :P .

Peace

AJulia

Me likey! Looks ready for a street race! I like the underside of the hood. What did you use? Great pics too. I also think I see a popsicle stick fence in the background; I dig it. :) I need to make up a couple of bases for display and photography purposes. Keep up the good work! ;)