Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hai

Hi, I'm Owen. I'm 13, I turn 14 on the 25th. (Tell me abany age rules I missed) I like bmx, and have been racing rc cars since I was 4. I built a model once, was completely disappointed with my work and went on here, looked at yours, and got me inspired. My dad is very experienced airbrush rc body painter, with customers paying over $300 dollars for bodies, and he occasionally does quick throw together bodies for our personal cars. Relating to that, I saw you guys airbrush these (I was especially impressed with someones gt-86 being built) and came here to learn the art on building and painting seeing as I have a high quality airbrush set at my disposal. Thank you in advance and I would like to complement the moderators and admins on their rule set and being able to keep such a mature and well kept forum rolling so smoothly. Compared to other forums, this is the best one so far. I will be posting and asking on what to get and do in the future so bear with me, I may test your patience with my lack of knowledge towards modeling. (I know NOTHING). So thank you in advance, and again, nice forum!

Welcome owen. I got into rc cars for a little bit, didnt care for it as i like flashy paint jobs. I got tired of breaking of it, as i wasnt good, not at all. So i got rid of most of my stuff, kept 1 for fun, big brushless motor, paddle tires. I got out of racing rc, got back into modeling. It just takes time, patience, and sometimes to take a step back and think. Anyway, the body on the left looks great. Dont be afraid to ask questions, this is a great forum, full of good knowledgable people.

Hey Owen, welcome to the forum. You might be surprised you're not the only "young'n" around these parts, I'm 14 about to turn 15 in August. My tips are: get a good exacto knife and set of blades (you will always need to trim something down, no matter what haha) and also don't build to please us on the forums. Build what you want to build and are happy with, also on every kit you do, try to make it better than the last.

Excited to see what you will build, and also happy to see that I'm not the only 14 year old on this forum haha

@Dyno, we have exacto knives. Masking and cutting tape on bodies made for lots of used up blades and even once, a broken handle. I'm going to be building lot's of stuff like Nissans, Scoobies and Toyotas; so from what I can tell, I'm going to be dealing with Aoshima and Tamiya quite a bit. It's nice having a place like this, I'm glad I found it!