Model Cars Magazine Forum

well; i've eaten alligator now.

I've had all of the above, except raccoon, rat and dog (though you can never be sure about some greasy spoons).

And I've certainly had more than my share of Wild Turkey. (The liquid version)

Skip raccoon is really good . Taste kinda sorta like roast beef , nothing like a good old raccoon sandwich and tea ! mmmm

Skip raccoon is really good . Taste kinda sorta like roast beef , nothing like a good old raccoon sandwich and tea ! mmmm

Okay, I've gotta say it, though some PC people may not get it. But I'm from the Gulf Coast in Texas, and there's an affectionate term for Cajuns reflected in the following statement:

So, Glenn, sounds like you're a dyed-in-the-wool Louisiana coon-ass :lol:

Edited by sjordan2

Okay, I've gotta say it, though some PC people may not get it. But I'm from the Gulf Coast in Texas, and there's an affectionate term for Cajuns reflected in the following statement:

So, Glenn, sounds like you're a dyed-in-the-wool Louisiana coon-ass :lol:

LOL Skip I live in the northwest part of the state the really down south folks call me yankee..

In the Service we had them C-rations, in the OD green cans,,, Don't care what ya say, i swear it was dog food,,but when your

Hungry, its pretty darn good,, If i can eat that stuff,,I'll eat anything,,, Or Survival training, teach ya how to eat, worms, grasshoppesr, crittets, and other yummie stuff,,,,

(crickets)

Edited by rel14

I was down in Homosassa, Fla. for my sister's wedding a few years ago and `Gator tail nuggets was an appetizer. It was flat-out delicious. At the risk of a cyber-pounding, it had the texture of Shrimp, but tasted like.... Chicken.

I have it every time I visit. Yummy....

Guest Johnny

Just make sure it is a young one or they can get pretty greasy!

Gator's really good! Many of the best restaurants in the Baton Rouge area serve fried gator as an appetizer and Frank's Restaurant and Smokehouse makes their own gator sausage in case you want some with your eggs in the morning. But I think the best is a Cajun dish known as alligator sauce piquant - kind of like a spicy stew served over rice. That's fit to eat! :wub:

Up here in Philadelphia there is a place in the Reading Terminal Market called Becks Cajun Cafe. It was there that I tried Gator for the first time. It was incredible. It Does not taste like Chicken. It has a different texture. I am a fan of their Gato Gumbo now. As well as their "Train Wreck Po-Boy" sandwhich. Mmmm-Mmm, that's good eatin!!!

BTW, I have been told by the chef at Becks that Chicken is a very neutral taste and actually picks up the flavor of what it's cooked with. I guess that explains why everything tastes like chicken. Except it's more correct to say that chicken tastes like everything else. LOL!!