Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detail pics/Info wanted of the International Conco COE

I believe that this International is called a Conco whatever that meens or is there a number for it . Anyway does anybody have any pictures or dertails about this truck ? All I know is that it uses the cab and fenders of the Paystar 5000 Ive seen a few pictures in TMW and Hanks truck pictures but these are not detailed pictures . I need to know whether the same V8 is used if so what is the doghouse like in the cab . Also does the cab tilt or is the hood removeable?

Any info would be great thanks in advance

Dave

hello dave from what I remember international called this truck a transtar 4100.it got the nic name conco from being half conventional half cabover.as far as it being avalible with a v8 I don't know.i only ever seen one In person once.and it had a 350 cummins.the chassie would be the same as the international 4200 or 4300.

Edited by cappy625

hello again dave.just for the fun of it I googled it.and found that there isn't much info on this truck.what I did find out is it was avalible with all the v8s cummins, IH,detroit. and cat. and it seems it was only avalible with a 66"bbc.i hope this helps.

Thanks anthony/Harvey thats great Info .Ive just googled it myself there isn't much at all .but I did find a model by somone called Sam and his pics show that there was only room for one seat and it shows how to do the doghouse too . Im just assuming that the hood is ment to be removed and the cab did not tilt . Time to get the razor saw out !!!!!

Thanks again guys this hobby is just the greatest

Dave

If you google international conco trucks,and when it comes up hit the images button at the top of the page,all you will see is the pictures of them,i find it is a easier way to see what you are looking for as opposed to reading and clicking on each pages,i just did and there were a lot of them on there. Harvey

• 3 years later...

Ah that makes a bit more sence . So do you think that the cab tilts at the front of the cab insead of the front of the hood?

I thought that I would revive this thread to see if anyone has found any info on the cab tilting. I have found a picture of the hood open, and it is pretty obvious that the hood has to be open to tilt, but I'm hoping someone has found a picture of either the hinge point or the cab tilted. Among my many plans that I am never able to start, I plan to start one of these.

Thanks!

Brian