Model Cars Magazine Forum

1981 GMC C1500 Street Machine - Completed pics post 15

For this build I'll be taking my already built 1984 GMC truck, and combining it with the suspension/wheels/tires from the 1990 C1500 kit to make a custom truck.

Here's how it started out:

SDC10602.jpg

SDC10603.jpg

Here's the body so far. I filled in the creases in the bed sides, added and filled in a roll pan, filled in the front filler piece, and fabbed a custom grille out of round tubing.

SDC10785.jpg

SDC10784.jpg

Edited by YJIslander

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I finally finished this build. It started as a 4WD and was converted to a 2WD using the front suspension from the 1990 C1500 kit. I decided to go with a sort of 70's muscle car stance, with more of a 90's street truck look. I built a custom grille, custom airdam, 90's style headlight covers, tonneau cover, rear roll pan, added rear window louvers from the C1500 kit, added a supercharger to the engine, wired up the plug wires and battery, added a nitrous bottle, fabbed traction bars and lift shackles, and I added headers with header-mounted glasspack mufflers.

SDC10808.jpg

SDC10810.jpg

SDC10811.jpg

SDC10812.jpg

SDC10813.jpg

SDC10816.jpg

Thanks guys! I wanted to use the front axle/transfer case from the GMC for another build, so I figured I would make it into a 2WD street truck. And since I love the looks of the 70's jacked up muscle cars, I figured it would work well for the truck. Plus, I'm trying to work my way out of the alternating-two-color paintjobs! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...