Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

I got some done, working on many unfinished projects when a bump in the rode pops up. Got some turbos, but they still look too big, have'nt located a good scale fit yet, need something in 1/25. May have to make them myself.

I found another section of the body that needed a little more straightening and jammin' this Vette motor into the Impala from another kit proves interesting!

I've got my Celsior engine mated to the 'cruiser transmission and sorted engine mounts but i'm stalled as I need wheels before I can go any further with the suspension and chassis and i'm waiting for Hobby Link Japan to get in the ones I want from Fujimi.

It's also too cold & damp to paint so I can't do that either.

However, this does mean i've been able to mate the spare 6 cylinder turbo diesel 'cruiser engine to a C6 for installation in a '70 Super Bee tow truck i'm also working on.

I'm getting stuff done too, I've been working on the GTX I got the window posts to work to my liking so I'm not trashing the body or anything, I painted the engine's on the hot rod that's about it. I'll get pic's up sooner or later. I'm glad the forum up a running again, I look forward to seeing updates from everyone.

However, this does mean i've been able to mate the spare 6 cylinder turbo diesel 'cruiser engine to a C6 for installation in a '70 Super Bee tow truck i'm also working on.

Zen, a turbo diesel 6in a 70 Super Bee tow truck ????????????...........That is just SOOOOO wrong on so many levels. :D

Zen, a turbo diesel 6in a 70 Super Bee tow truck ????????????...........That is just SOOOOO wrong on so many levels. :D

I couldn't help but think that too Ron,

anyways, glad we are all still atleast thinking about our projects :P

I'm trying to finish 2 mopars I started then I'll get back to my 502 powered '57 Chev....................ooooppps did I let that slip.

Nick

ok...so while the forum was down there was an accident in the body shop while the'bee was in for colorsand and decaling,

post-11532-0-12799000-1373825180_thumb.j

so now as many 'bee parts as possible are going into this entry(hoping to use enuff to still be the same entry),

post-11532-0-49132500-1373825254_thumb.j

i'm calling it the super integrabee type R and here's some progress,

post-11532-0-14800000-1373825349_thumb.jpost-11532-0-00193300-1373825360_thumb.jpost-11532-0-39208300-1373825375_thumb.jpost-11532-0-05922000-1373825389_thumb.jpost-11532-0-18097500-1373825400_thumb.j

post-11532-0-52131500-1373825423_thumb.j

post-11532-0-64920900-1373825433_thumb.j

Edited by knarf

thanks for the kind words guys :) i dropped it while decaling it and then stepped on it when i went to pick it up...that really ticked me off(not a strong enough word but not cussin here right?). this integra is almost falling together believe it or not and i've been wanting to build it as rwd and v8 powered since i received it as a glue bomb. so far the only integra parts i['m using are the body and part of the interior tub.

Interesting what turns of events come up as the year plods on. Then to go back in the thread and see where everyone started. Kind of fun.

It's summer hours at the Cormaro shop and it's impossible to get anyone to show up so I just swept and locked up until it's cold enough for dregs to come around again looking for a place with a heater. Maybe then they'll figure out how to convert the whole front clip to tilt without making it look clunky.

Havent been able to build in quite a while now. The Camaro is still not in primer, and the body still needs more attention. But I hope to start again soon.

Nice to see great progress from others.

Edited by Janthlie

Finally got the Datsun where I could mock things up. Stance is just what I wanted out of the box.

005_zpsd50a8585.jpg

Torsion bars and leaf springs, at least things are familiar underneith.

006_zpsd2201814.jpg

I need to do some work to the engine to make it a little more streetable.

008_zps9f3947a7.jpg

If you look close you might see some of the secret parts of this build in the background, but you'll have to know what to look for and what you're looking at. ;) I'm thinking of adding a second entry to the Cannonball, the PT Crusier but I've already started it and haven't taken any pics yet. I'll have to check with Nick to see if it will be OK.

Frank your Mo-port is looking good.

Ron, the stance on the Datsun is perfect.

As for me work on the GTX is progressing slowly, I'm on body work right now and there's still a lot to be done. I also started working on the hot rod again, I'll have something to show in a few days I hope. Anyway good luck to everyone else!