Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Corvette

Greg Pugh

I pretty much have a vision in my mind of what I'm wanting my injection set up to look like. So, armed with these visions in mind, I rummaged through parts box after parts box tonight looking for that particular shape I had envisioned and pieces I could put to use. This is what I ended up with...........two bumpers and six carburetors. :lol:

Let's see what we can do with these. Hopefully something. Stay tuned....

038-vi.jpg

I didn't end up getting as much done today as I was hoping for as I had another project that was getting some paint work done today. But, progress is progress. B)

So I took the carburetors and I removed the float bowls to give them more of a throttle body look:

039-vi.jpg

Then, I hacked the ends off of the bumpers I grabbed:

040-vi.jpg

After a quick bath in the chrome-stripping pond:

041-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Greg, those intake manifolds are pure genius! Great work on that, now I need to find some bumpers like that for myself. I want to do the same thing on my '50 Chevy, since the blower ain't looking too hot right now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited by Custom Mike

I honestly haven't even looked at them yet. Am I in for a bad surprise?

Not necessarily. I don't know if there are any aftermarket solutions out there, but almost every build I see shows mesh that is too thick and plasticky, with surrounds that stick out too much and don't fit well against the body parts. I'd just like to see someone nail this most difficult part of the kit and provide hope that it can be conquered.

Edited by sjordan2