Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eliminating Cab Corner Windows - 1950 Chevy Truck

Just wondering if anyone here has done away with the little corner windows while building a base line '51 Chevy pickup? I figured on gluing the clear windows in and then sanding everything flush and applying a skim of body filler to even everything out. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks guys. Nice builds!!!! Definitely well done and the lack of the corner windows really does give the trucks a more - shall we say - unique and cute look. I like those trucks and frankly, the corner windows look good, but I prefer the work horse look rather than the top of the line models all the time. I know that the majority of guys prefer the fancier models, but the everyday, ordinary, more common plain janes musn't be forgotten, can they? Please feel free t post any photos of these trucks - I am always open to ideas.

I asked the questions that I asked because I am always open to new ideas and it makes sense to walk through the mine field in the footsteps of someone who has already crossed it. The wonderful thing about the forums is the ready exchange of knowledge and the inspiration that one gets when he hits the wall on a project and you look at the impossible tha someone else did. Thank you for the advice. I do sincerely appreciate every word of it.

GARY YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME ,I HAVE MORE OF THE 50 CHEVY TRUCKS WITH THE SIDR WIDOWS REMOVED ,ONE THAT I WAS WORKING ON BEFOR THE BREAD TRUCK TOOK OVER ,, I,LL POST A PIC OF THAT ONE IF YOU WOULD LIKE ,?

I TO LIKE THE WORK HORSE LOOK OF THEM WITH THE 3-WIDOWS ,THEY LOOK MORE LIKE A TRUCK!.

Thank you Blair. I am sure that I am not alone in appreciating pictures of your work. It isn't good to envy, but I find myself almost envying you with your talent and abilities.

May I ask what type of filler you guys use on your models these days? I am at this moment fitting the corner windows so that they are a flush fit with the cab corners making the need for filler as minimal as I can. I know from real experience with 1:1 body work that a skim of filler is passable if it is left to cure properly but too much build up will eventually fail and crack. I've been out of the loop with building for some time and I know that things change. And advice is appreciated. Gary

• 4 weeks later...