Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Tamiya Enzo Full build kit with upcoming Scalemotorsport CF decals

David Thibodeau

Thats a real nice job! EXCELLENT work. :)

I am part way throgh this project as well, but you are much further down the line then me. I am only half way through the engine build.

I am curious about the SMS carbon fibre decals though. I contacted Matt the other day and he says the decals are not yet available. Am I just being silly here, or have you got a 'pre-production' set?

Matt also says a PE set is coming out. If it is anything like their 1/24 set it will be amazing. I am waiting for this before making any further progress on my Enzo.

Keep up the good work on this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,

The deadline for this build is looming so I have blasted ahead to get it done! Those of you interested it will be in Toledo on Oct 6th at the Scale Motorsport Vendor Booth with Matt Wells.

As you can see, its close to completion.... The doors were assembled and installed.. They work pretty cool with a spring assisted mechanism. They fit really tight as per tamiya but what a pain to reopen. I will suggest to Matthew to display them open anyways to show off all the CF work on the inside of the interior and door skins.

P1010619-vi.jpg

The front clip is not permanantly mounted yet, but the front bonnett is. It is installed with metal hinges all screwed together. It works perfectly! If you look carefully you can see I added CF to the underside of the lid as well.

P1010620-vi.jpg

The engine is complete as well

P1010621-vi.jpg

Look at that CF air cleaner!

P1010622-vi.jpg

Interior:

P1010623-vi.jpg

Carbon goodness!!!

P1010624-vi.jpg

Dave this is one incredible build. I need to pick my jaw up off the floor. Extremely beautiful. I do have to ask are you using clear or future on top of your decals?. Beautiful work

Chris,

I use two part automotive clear on the body inner door panels, and Rear engine intake. All the rest of the CF is covered in future.

Thanks all!!

DaveT

First off.....amazing workmanship, Dave!

A couple of questions:

Why did you use automotive 2-part clear for the areas you identified?

Did you need to use extra CF for your build, or does everything we see come in the SMS set?

Do you spray on your Future or do you brush it on?

I have 2 of thse kits in the stash and was waiting for a CF set ...looks like its finally coming my way :-)

Outstanding!

Please give Matthew your templates for the interior parts. If the SMS CF is just the exterior I probably will not get it. I was going to do mine in Ferrari's dark red.

I am definitely doing the interior parts in cf. Did you use 1/12 or 1/20 scale cf?

Thank you for sharing your build.

Joe.

Man, so much goodness been going on in my absence.... :)

Truly a lesson in carbon application if ever there was one........simply stunning David. B) (actually, stunning is not even close...words can't express how much I am in awe.... :wub: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...