Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the IPMS show here in the netherlands today, and did some shopping
That really was a great haul Tom!

http://www.waow.com/story/23793648/2013/10/25/wausau-business-closing-after-50-years

This is a crying shame! Almost shatters my dreams of opening my own hobby shop.

Edited by BluePopsicle

IPMS Ajax 33 show today, ran into a few members of MCM there, the riff raff ;) Anyway, you asked, you will receive, I ended up with a second place in Advanced Trucks, for my '50 Chev 3100 Shop truck.

GEDC1171_zps4b2b65e1.jpg

And you know..........I may have bought one or two things......possibly, the bagged kits are 2 MPC '85 Firebirds, MPC Blackbird, 2 MPC 10th Anniversary T/A's and an MPC '69 Cutlass 4-4-2, for $2 a piece ugh........I had to have them.

GEDC1164_zps2f69e66c.jpg

Nick

Edited by Nick Winter

post-10758-0-69057400-1382838723_thumb.j

Picked this little gem up today at the Circle City Show/Swap Meet in Indy.

Original AMT '62 Impala (screw bottom chassis). This kit had been started, but not painted, and not a glue-bomb. Should be an easy restoration.

This kit was on my list of "Holy Grails". I was really happy to finally find one.

Had a great time at this event. Congrats to the Circle City folks for another great one.

(Hey Tom Geiger, you missed out on several early Valiants!)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Picked this little gem up today at the Circle City Show/Swap Meet in Indy.

Original AMT '62 Impala (screw bottom chassis). This kit had been started, but not painted, and not a glue-bomb. Should be an easy restoration.

This kit was on my list of "Holy Grails". I was really happy to finally find one.

Had a great time at this event. Congrats to the Circle City folks for another great one.

Where do you find out about these events Mike? I'm in Louisville and would love to go to one of those shows.

Jon:

My local model car club keeps a calendar of events, with emphasis on those which are within reasonable driving distance. We exchange newsletters and other info with various clubs around our region, so we generally have a handle on what's going on.

You'll often find such info posted in the "Contests & Shows" section here on the MCM forum, as well as publicized in the magazine itself.

Health issues have kept me from attending such events over the last few months, but I made a special effort to get to Indy - always one of my favorites. :-)

IPMS Ajax 33 show today, ran into a few members of MCM there, the riff raff ;) Anyway, you asked, you will receive, I ended up with a second place in Advanced Trucks, for my '50 Chev 3100 Shop truck.

GEDC1171_zps4b2b65e1.jpg

And you know..........I may have bought one or two things......possibly, the bagged kits are 2 MPC '85 Firebirds, MPC Blackbird, 2 MPC 10th Anniversary T/A's and an MPC '69 Cutlass 4-4-2, for $2 a piece ugh........I had to have them.

Nick, congratulations on the 2nd place. The truck is a beauty. Nice score on all of the kits. Always good to pick up a kit or two or fifteen! LOL

Just recieved some detailing supplies from DetailMaster yesterday and was at HL browsing through the clearence section and found a can of Model Master stainless steel metalizer paint for $3 a 50% savings!! got some stuff coming from Scott at Futurattraction should be here soon!! :D

GEDC1171_zps4b2b65e1.jpg

GEDC1164_zps2f69e66c.jpg

Nick

Congrats on the 2nd place Nick, that's a sharp truck, nice score also!! :D

Not today but got another can of gloss white and black for the white i use being its the best situation at the time to PETERBILT WHITE being for the engines...also i use it as a base color for my reds and blues and yellows and such...the black will be for my Snap Rendition of the AMT kit...and a few other things

also got a one gallon jug of Purple Power for now my purple pond is full :D

got a couple replacement parts for my 70 Challanger T/A kit painted and about to install later once i get another set of decals for the streetburner series from somewhere? :blink:

Thats it I think??? :huh:

Hey! Who you calling riff raff? :D Congrats on the second place and a very good haul there too. Good seeing you again, Nick.

You and Bill :D Thanks Peter, I'll have to get out to a TAPS meeting some Saturday

Congrats on the 2nd place Nick, that's a sharp truck, nice score also!! :D

Thanks Larry!

I went to a swap meet in NJ today and was amazed at how many first gen Valiants (60-62) there were for sale, and at reasonable prices. I already have much more than my fair share of these, unless it's a very interesting and unusual old custom build!

I just got back from a local hobby shop. Its been in buisness for 44 years and there closing saturday. Everything was 50percent off. The owner told me to come back saturday for huge discounts because he isn't taking anything with him. Anyways I picked all this up for $20. Didn't really want the camaro just the motor

20131029_103021.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...