Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where I've been....

Hey guys,

Well, I think I'm ready to immerse myself in plastic dust and whittled spru once again.... :) Man, where do I start.....

First off, I never really left the hobby......I just needed a break. Took a trip to a local Show/Expo to convince me something had to change....

I've really slackened off in the last 5 years, completing my last two fully finished builds over or around 4 years ago.... :wacko:

Seeing all the great builds at the Show got my creative juices flowing again, so this next 12 months I hope to get at least one big car (1/12) completed,

to put in the Show next year....That's the plan anyways......

During my recent spell (the last few months?? you can insert quite a few in there..) I haven't been totally idle.....

I came down with a disease, a bug for want of a better term.....it was confirmed as the "diecast bug"........ :blink:The good news is, I think I'm in recovery mode.

It was swift when it hit, and the feeling is slowly passing......

It secured me about a dozen models, give or take a few.....and it quenched my thirst for seeing a completed model on the bench in no time.

There were unforeseen side effects though, like the urge to MODIFY them..................... :lol: DOH!

If you are browsing my pages @ Fotki, you may already have an idea of the trauma I have been through......

This, just a taste of how serious things got, I finally finished yesterday.

Started out as an "out of box" Biante 1/18 1977 Holden Torana A9X. Which is a pretty kool model straight up.....But, I wanted more.......

DSCF8299-vi.jpg

Yeah, looks pretty good, hey??

Well, as you probably well know, I hate to leave things just as "as is"...................So, the old brain went into overdrive.

DSCF8588-vi.jpg

DSCF8590-vi.jpg

DSCF8594-vi.jpg

I think the difference is amazing, and I am now happy to have it on display.

Give me some time to get my head back around the goings on here, I can already see there has been an unreal amount of work getting done...

Hopefully, I'll be back sharing with you all very soon.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you use to haunt Automotive Forums as well? I was following a 1/12th scale Tamiya Datsun that you were doing some serious upgrades to. Did that one get finished? Hope so as it was looking amazing. Anyways, good to have you here.

I was following a 1/12th scale Tamiya Datsun that you were doing some serious upgrades to. Did that one get finished? Hope so as it was looking amazing. Anyways, good to have you here.

I was going to ask about that one, too, as I recall the scratchbuilt Watanabe wheels you made for it. Hopefully that build will get back on your workbench soon.

Thanks guys. :)

Cato, I'm so sorry mate, the GT40 was part of my recent re-shuffle of life, and she has passed on to another home, where hopefully it will get the attention it rightly deserves. :(

Bill, you are correct mate, and I still haunt there occasionally, though not as an active participant.... :(

And yes, you and Casey will be pleased to know the big Datsun is first back on the bench. Still a good ways to go with it, and I really want to get it done. :)