Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevelle

Toast

Haven't put a model car together for quite a few years now and I've been itching to get back into it. Saw this on the shelf a while ago and pretty much just bought it because it was a 1969 Chevelle, my fav!

These Bigtime Muscle cars are pretty cool and looking at it on my shelf sparked alot of ideas off in my head so I took it apart, stripped the paint, and shot some primer on it right away. And then it sat, slowly working it's way down on my list of priorities.

Well I finally got to working on it again this last weekend and figured I'd post some progress shots to motivate me to keep making progress.

So, hopefully, here is the first of many w.i.p. pics of my "improved" Bigtime Chevelle.

Here she is right out of the box.

69c-01.jpg

69c-02.jpg

The side outlets for the exhaust were pretty cool but I'm a classic dual pipes straight out the back kind of guy so that was the first thing I tackled. cleaned up the casting lines and hopefully will be putting down a base coat and color soon. gonna be blue with SS stripes.

69c-03.jpg

69c-04.jpg

Definitely feel free to leave comments / criticism, she's not done yet and I'm always open to ideas.

Them dual pipes out the back are a definite improvement, and that rear end shot with them really big wide meats is awesome!

Seems almost sacreligous to me tho, them wheels on a 69 Chebbelle :lol:

Whatcha think 'bout some Cragars or Astros or even stock wheels & tires? Methinks that would make a world of difference, specially with the classic paint yer talkin about.

• 2 weeks later...

She's got color on her again!

Finished priming it and sprayed on some good old Testors rattle can Sappire Blue. Got a little different sheen on the door panels as the rest of the pieces so as much as I'd like to just keep going with the SS stripes I'm gonna tape the doors and hood in place and hit it with a lite mist to even out the deference.

Here's the filled in rocker panels.

69c-05.jpg

I just can't argue with a dark blue Chevelle.

69c-07.jpg

69c-06.jpg

She's still rollin on the same wheel and tire combo but I have been keeping my eye out for anything that could fill those wheel wells. Starting to plan out the interior too. I'll be flocking for the first time so I'm getting excited to start.

Till later. . .