Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ford F-100 Pick Up

Modelroundup offers the Hendrix resin '60 Ford Pickup kit. I have not seen it or built one but it appears to be a decent kit. I am awaiting shipment on a '66 Ford Pickup resin kit that is supposed to be a very nice and accurate kit. I wish there were more resin kits out there for these classic trucks.

Modelroundup offers the Hendrix resin '60 Ford Pickup kit. I have not seen it or built one but it appears to be a decent kit. I am awaiting shipment on a '66 Ford Pickup resin kit that is supposed to be a very nice and accurate kit. I wish there were more resin kits out there for these classic trucks.

Mike If the truck your waitin on is from Motor City Resin Casters, your gonna be in for QUITE the surprise! Jeff mastered the HECK outta this kit. It came out VERY nice. I have one myself and am VERY please with it's quality. You will be too! :lol::P:D:):D

I know for a fact that Ed Fluck did a 60 F-100 . I saw it and I even spoke to Ed shortly before he passed away on the master , an old A M T kit was used . Seems to me that Model haus might beable to help in some regards too. Ed Shaver

Mike If the truck your waitin on is from Motor City Resin Casters, your gonna be in for QUITE the surprise! Jeff mastered the HECK outta this kit. It came out VERY nice. I have one myself and am VERY please with it's quality. You will be too! :D :D :DB);)

Thats' the one I am waiting on George. Jeff said he was about ready to ship them when we last exchanged emails, think it was last week.

I was intrigued by it and I think you showed your copy of it here on the forum and that was the deciding factor for me to buy it. I have had about 6 different ideas of how I will build it float through my mind since I ordered it!

Thanks.

Nawww Mike, it wasn't mine you saw, cas I don't post pics. But i CAN tell you your in for a suprise if your expecting a run of the mill kit. Jeff's truck is complete except for a engine and tires! It's molded in a white resin that looks JUST LIKE plastic! You WILL like it, I can tell you that! Jim, if you do get one it'll be just as nice as mine! they're pretty complete, like i said, just add tires an motor an shake!!! OK,Ok, maybe not QUITE that easy, but it ain't hard to assemble either!!(LoL):D :D B):D

Edited by george 53

Jim, If Steve Kohler is selling it it MAY be an R&R kit. Jeff's kit is LIGHT YEARS BEYOND ANYTHING that R&R has. They're really NOT EVEN in the same league. I DO buy R&R stuff, caz he's got a few off the wall kits, but they're NO WAY as clean and finely cast as Motor City Resins offerings! You'd have to do ALOT of work to them to bring it up to MCR standards! An THAT'S tha TRUFF!!!!:D;):):P

ok reading through this thread has me a little confused.

is the ford pickup the same as the one that was issued by AMT with the go-kart (or triumph motorcycle as i recall)?

if so please post a link to it here...i didnt see it above or maybe i missed it.

(edit: never mind, answered my own question...the pickup with the kart was a 63 f-100, not a 60!)

by the way the go kart is available from reps and mins of maryland and if i had access to imageshack at the moment i would post a pic of my build of one. its a super nice little kit.

now i need the pickup to carry the kart!

thanks in advance!

Edited by jbwelda

I know this topic is about the '60 Ford Pickup but I did want to say that my '66 Ford F100 showed up the other day and it was as nice as promised. Very little flash and no real issues with the body or other parts. The white resin makes you think the thing was a plastic kit!

yeah, it's kinda-sorta a unibody kit. just found Resin Realm makes one. the 1960 kit, that is.

Ford did the Unibody from '61-'63, and I think the old AMT kit is repopped in resin. The heavier and four wheel drive Ford trucks continued to run the '57 style bed for a few years (through '63, I think) on the '61 body style. I'd love to bash one of Jeff's '66 kits with a Modelhaus '57 bed to make a '61 F-100 4x4 I once saw at a local car show! :D