Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me yer Monogram '55 Chevy Badman Derivatives

Greg Myers

badmanIII01.jpgbadmanIII04.jpgbadman4d.jpgBadman truck by Dave McGowan http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/2002_contest/badman_iv.html

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I saw a really nice Monogram '53 Bel Air done up in Badman colors. I haven't had much luck finding one (Monogram '53) so I started thinking about other possibilities, I.E. a Monogram '56 or '57, then I ran across these fine examples.These aren't mine, found 'em on the web.

So show me what ya got.

Edited by Greg Myers

Neil, that's a work of real inspiration. Flip nose, red firewall makes it pop. I see you got rid of the kits sewer pipe headers with another work of art.Those look much better. :o

I didn't make a derivative, but I tried to make mine more accurate. Turned it into a flipnose, with a 409 engine and the correct class designation on the window.

DSCN0507-vi.jpg

DSCN0517-vi.jpg

DSCN0490-vi.jpg

This might not be a how to on "flip" fronts , but give it a good look. There are a bunch of great ideas here covering many problems a mere beginner would have trying to copy this.

I love the flip-nose Neil and the alternative Roger. Also love the three originals from you Gregory. This is mine, not finished yet but, this one is going to become MADMAN. I could not build the kit version, tried twice with my kids.DSC04532_zps593a1225.jpgDSC04261.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

• 10 months later...