Model Cars Magazine Forum

78 Pacer Rally Car

Platerpants

Well I return to the car side of models after a few trucks. I got the kit at a little hobby shop for a few bucks cheaper than Hobbytown. The guy runs the business with his wife, anyway he takes trades and sells them cheaper than any other hobbyshop or website for the most part. Hobbytown has been out of bare metal foil since december it seems but he has quite a bit of it. OK for the model Its gonna be blue and hopefully have a Hemi. I am definitely going to try to make it a rally car.

1395205_716311865065412_965719104_n_zpsf

Edited by Platerpants

No i'm going to use the "rally" parts it comes with then see what i can do. It now has a coat of silver and will have a blue body. Doing some test fitting and changing the oil pan i made the hemi fit. well off to work more progress will be posted when i have time.

1381927_716373268392605_78927339_n_zps64

Edited by Platerpants

Well threw a couple coats of paint at it, the body didnt come out perfect, but is ok, the hood looks horrible..... I think i may have neglected to clean it first, plus its like 45 degrees outside where i had to paint it, cant paint indoors and my dads dead intrepid rt is in the garage so i cant paint in there like i normally do... maybe ill wait til later tomorrow if its warmer to repaint the hood.

Edited by Platerpants