Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally finished! Revell '32 Ford Five Window Coupe Kit Build

tim boyd

My LHS said today they are expecting the 5-window sometime in the middle of this coming week. I also have some on pre-order at Model Roundup where, even with shipping, they will still cost me less than at my LHS. Does anyone know if Model Roundup is an RPP? The website has a full description of the kit but does not yet show it as "in stock".

Edited by gbk1

My LHS said today they are expecting the 5-window sometime in the middle of this coming week. I also have some on pre-order at Model Roundup where, even with shipping, they will still cost me less than at my LHS. Does anyone know if Model Roundup is an RPP? The website has a full description of the kit but does not yet show it as "in stock".

Revell has a program for dealers that allows them to receive new kits in advance of distribution. The catch is that the dealers will receive only two to three of each new release. If you want that five-window, you'll need to get your reservation in with your LHS now!

Distribution will get the kit at the end of July, for shipment to dealers in early August...

• 2 weeks later...
Chuck....I have purchased the Replias and Miniatures chassis you describe above and it is every bit as nice as you say. Plus it features a cleanup of the frame "sweep" that requires filing & sanding on the strock Revell kit part if you want an accurate appearance. I'd love to see someone build that '29 Pickup on '32 Rails you describe.

Best regards...TIM

Tim - I've been dropping Revell and AMT (MPC) Model A's on Revell '32 frames for quite some time now.

DSCN0036-vi.jpg

DSCN3817-vi.jpg

DSCN2769-vi.jpg

DSCN0086-vi.jpg

DSCN0087-vi.jpg

Oh yeah, and regardless of the scale difference, the Revell deuce frame fits very well under the newly reissued Revell (Monogram) '30 Model A. I'll have one of those done in awhile.