Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see the '49 Merc's

h3ae86

Man, what a nice group of models! Incredible diversity of style and finish, but all beauties! Nice work, everyone! My favorite has to be Jason McMinn's two tone purple one with the white Carson top. That's one of the best looking models of any kind I've seen! Excellent!

Sam

X2, it's a beauty

Wow - incredoble, how many Mercs are in each collection! The classic basic for a custom. Cause, the look of a stock Merc is also "factorycustomized" - very coooool design.

Sure, i have two built in my collection - no surprise!

This one is weathered and took place on a diorama called "MOrePARts4U" - a parts dealer:

P1010573.JPG

i must search for a picture from my custom made Merc, i dont have him at home. It is not such a beautiful custom like all the posted here.

Edited by Dominik

Mike

Did you scratchbuild the side trim?

Afraid not, was at a 'Goodguys' car show in Pleasanton viewing the model car exhibit, when one of the guys working the tables mentioned he had some resin parts for sale. I purchased these along with some 'guide' style headlights and some other miscellaneous items.

Wow! There are some very nice Mercs here. I built this one in 08. It's a curbside. I needed the motor for another project. I call her Gold Rush.

100_4449-vi.jpg

100_4451-vi.jpg

100_4453-vi.jpg

The flying eyeball here is a tribute to the great Kenny Howard. (Von Dutch) I just twisted it a bit with the bat wings.

100_4454-vi.jpg

The grille bullets are the masterful craftsmanship of Mr. Bob Dudek. Thanks again Bob!

100_4455-vi.jpg