Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drunken Leprechaun

Mercman

Years ago and I mean back in the 60's there was a place at Harrison and Grace here in Richmond Va called the Village . Now the resturant is on the next corner today but thats not THE REAL VILLAGE . Anyway a guy by the name Of Steve Dekos , greek and a fantasic cook by the way used to throw us out on too many occasions and guess what , he looked the same as you're figure ! I swear that figgure you did is a dead on like ness of ole Steve . If I only knew where he an his wife were today. I would e-mail this to them ! The rest of Grace street near Virginia Commonweralth look svery close to these buildings too. Very wel done work sir , very well done . Ed Shaver

Heres what you need to do this. A green Sharpie, and the ribbing from Plastruc Metal Roofing #4521, or some small strip plastic.

Bar008.jpg

Color the plastic with the Sharpie, and cut into small lengths. I eyeballed these to look about right.

Bar009.jpg

Bar011.jpg

Then place them where you need.

Bar005.jpg]

Pics at the link.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/mercman51/Tutorials/Making%20Money/

Edited by Mercman

Didn't like the look of the old bar (prototype), so today I whipped this one up what do you think?

Bar003-1.jpg

Bar002-1.jpg

Note the waitress station on the end, and whats a bar without a brass rail to rest your foot on. Still need to make some stools yet for it. They are next.

A scale strip club. I can now officially say I've seen it all in modeling.

Fantastic! I'm very interested in the finished product. The touches you keep adding are upping the ante.

I can hear the DJ saying 'Let's welcome Destiny to the solid gold stage"!

Bob

Edited by Dragline

I was thinking this was 1/87th scale. Is it a DPM kit with your detailing? I used to belong to NTrak and later to several HO Scale organizations and I would be the one to superdetail their structures. Looks outstanding so far........and tell the bartender I need a Guinness!

A scale strip club. I can now officially say I've seen it all in modeling.

Fantastic! I'm very interested in the finished product. The touches you keep adding are upping the ante.

I can hear the DJ saying 'Let's welcome Destiny to the solid gold stage"!

Bob

Bob you'll love this. What bar isn't complete without one.

Bar003-2.jpg

I was thinking this was 1/87th scale. Is it a DPM kit with your detailing? I used to belong to NTrak and later to several HO Scale organizations and I would be the one to superdetail their structures. Looks outstanding so far........and tell the bartender I need a Guinness!

To answer your queston tes it was a DPM kit. The Goodfellows Hall. I got it built, and painted, and just loped off the top floor. The interior work is fun.

I thought so. I am like you; I like to detail the ever-loving snot out of these kits and then sit back and see how much of it people can pick out. I have nowhere for a layout at the moment, so all of my stuff is in boxes.

Awesome work so far...keep it up, I look forward to seeing this evolve!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys here's a mock up of the possible layout.

Bar001-3.jpg

I found a couple more buildings to add to the scene, and am working on them now. This will portray the seedy side of town. I also have to add poles, lights, trash, some more people, and a fence by the tracks. There will be a lot of little scenarios going on in different locales.

Also for some reason the pics got bumped. You can now see all of them here.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/mercman51/HO%20buildings/Lous%20Drunken%20Leprechan/

Edited by Mercman

On the advice of a third party I did this to the hotel.

Before

shop010.jpg

After

Bar013.jpg

I turned the top 2 floors. Lots of possibilities for little scenes to go on here.

Also adding these two buildings to the strip. I made a new roof for this one I just didn't care for the one in the kit.

New roof.

Bar011.jpg

Kit roof.

Bar008.jpg

This is a AHM kit.

Also adding this one this will be a off sale joint. Not sure yet about the 2nd floor. I cut open a door opening where a window once was. Have to make a outside stairway for it now. Thinking maybe a massage parlor.

Bar005.jpg

The interior is complete. To display the inside, and to keep dust and dirt off the top I come up with this. Glued a piece of clear plexiglass into some 3/8th channel.

Bar002-7.jpg

Then glued my original roof piece to a another section that will slide in and close it up.

Bar004-2.jpg

Next I had to tackle the lighting for the inside.

Bar013.jpg

Bar019.jpg

The lights are dress pins, with a bead added to them for the fixture. The pool table light is a piece of plexi, that I shaped, covered with bare metal foil, and painted.

Then I needed a jukebox so I made this.

Bar008-1.jpg

Also added doors going to the restrooms.

Bar015-1.jpg

Finally a shot of what may be going on outside.

Bar029.jpg

Just got to figure out the color of puke!!!!!!!

Comments, or ideas welcome. Thanks for looking.