Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford..."The Project"

curt raitz

Our club...The Monterey Bay Scale Auto Association were trying to come up with a club project/giveaway for this years NNL West. I presented the idea of a three part diorama: a 40 Ford in junk yard, in repair/body shop and street scene of finished street rod, but we went a different direction.

I hadn't built a diorama in awhile so what the heck, I''l build it myself for the NNL West.

Only problem is when I got it done, now what do you do with it?

As I was packing up my stuff for the NNL West, it occurred to me to give it to the guyz runnin the NNL West as a giveaway...just hoped Rex Barden thought it to be worthy of being a giveaway prize.

Anyway here it is...

40FordProject_i-vi.jpg

40FordProject-vi.jpg

40FordProject_b-vi.jpg

40FordProject_c-vi.jpg

40FordProject_d-vi.jpg

40FordProject_e-vi.jpg

40FordProject_h-vi.jpg

40FordProject_g-vi.jpg

Thanx for lookin'...plus the expression on the kids face that won it was priceless (George Mattox's grandson)

Curt,

Good job!

I like the attention to detail. It is less is more.

How did you do the brick work?

all of the brick work surfaces can be found in any decent model train shop

G-guage is the closest to 1/25th scale also plastruct has brick sheets in all scales

good luck on the gas station

Looks good!

Only thing I would've done different is tie the three scenes together- I'd have swapped the wall and fence on the junkyard scene, so that the junker is outside of the body shop, and I'd have made the street scene in front of the wall of the body shop and wooden fence. Of course, the body shop scene would have two inner walls...

As it is, it looks nice. Very generous of you to give it away.

Curt,that is really cool.I have a lot of scrap building materials laying around to maybe pull something like this off as a photo backdrop.Thanks for the pics and I'm sure the new owner was bragging about it at school.

Thanx,

I plan on building another one to use as a photo back drop...a little bit bigger with the same concept: street, shop and junk yard scenes

Curt....Very nicely done. its beautiful. I am good friends with George and Paul from your club, plus you can say I grew up with them in my life since I used to live down the street from them growing up. But George showed me some pics of the big '32 that you guys did a few years ago and she was a beauty as well. Keep up the great work. :lol:

• 2 months later...

My absolute favorite model of all time was/is the AMT 1940 Ford.

Never new why really just love the car.

Great job on the diaroma also.