Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starting a diorama

cazxr2

Hi all I'm loving the look of these dioramas. So I'm going to start somtjing similar for my shelf. I got the machanics a while ago. There still needing painted. But u kinda get the idea.

d8bbe0a8.jpg

5508509e.jpg

c02a7bc9.jpg

got loads to do. It will be a long build, looking for any ideas thanks

Edited by cazxr2

Craig, from looking at you're pictures , I would say I have several ideas . You seem to like competition , pit crew scenes , and overall " Back - Yard " vinettes. You need to focus on a peticular scene, building and look . Go to a race , a car show and study others garages .

Me, I do actual service stations that I can verify the building plans and the actual building if at all possible . I've done some small dioramas for Meuseuems in both Texas and Virginia . For my own enjoyment , I prefer doing the service stations from start to finish . Then too, unique archecture wins me out every time . I have always been a fan of "Kitch " archecture . For example Randy's Do- nuts in the Peterson meuseuem in Los Angles with the giant do- nut on the roof. Ed Shaver