Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '56 Nomad

Joker

yes heres my list of kits revell's 53/54 chevy gasser/hotrod .the older 57by revell had the same 409 as 54's the hotrod set had 3 409's the 58 chevy revell and amt the the 59 elco has one 59 chevy belair had one too amts 626364 all had the nice 409 the revell 58chevy lowrider has a nice one but i just love the 57chevy by amt has a chot blower and 4 sidedives carbs B)

Thanks Y'all....

@ Tooltas..I have the AMT Hot Rod kit with 3 kits in the box(40 Ford Panel..34 Ford ..and a 37 Chevy

I'll dig it out and look through it. I work 3rd shift and I'm on my way out the door.

Thanks again for the positive feedback..

Got my second coat of Dupli-Color white primer on the body and in the process of smoothing it out.

Then the Pearl white goes on and then the Dupli-Color Bahama Blue.

Did you just glue a round piece on the inside and drill through that to hold the antenna? {Yes}Seems like it would be difficult to drill through that without it poppin back off.{Let the drill do the work..light pressure...I use Tenax ..dries quick and strong} The other thing I was curious about is how you stretched the sprue that small into that little tear drop shape? {I use a small Votive candle..even a birthday candle will work..pass the left over sprue and practice stretching it into different diameters ..practice makes perfect..don't heat to blacken ..just to the softening point...go slowly ..Be very carefull }Sorry for all the questions,{ I take advice and ask questions myself..just glad to help} just trying to understand how you did it.{ practice practice practice}Such a cool modification,{Thanks Jason} I would like to attempt it one day, maybe on the Merc I got on the bench.
Thanks again James for taking the time to explain everything to me. I haven't been to the bench much lately but I can't wait to try this out. I got lots of extra parts tree so I'll practice a lot before attempting it on a project. Can't wait to see the Nomad in that pearl white

Excellent engine choice on this one, can't get better than those Old W-Blocks! B) You are doing excellent job with this build, I will be following this one surely.

The best 409 Engine I've seen, is in the new Revell '62 Impala. Here's picture of my engine in progress, only those carburetor linkages, plug wires etc. are added details, other than those it's box stock.

DSCN0263.jpg

Ouch, just noticed mold seam in this picture....Gotta Fix that one.

The AMT '62 Chevy convertible has the best accessorized 409 in kit form, in my opinion. It's the Offy finned valve covers that make it tops, which are absent from the other '62 kits. They're simply killer, and capture the "look" much better than any of the others available.

Still, this is looking great. Look forward to seeing more.

Edited by Gluhead

Heh, thanx James. The kit offers decals to the Fan Belt, two decals for the Generator, one for the Oil Breather Tube (can't be seen in that picture) and the Valve Cover Decals. It really is excellent kit. Of course it's very fun to build, too because of the parts count and nicely molded parts.