Model Cars Magazine Forum

Workbench Lamp Mount

Greetings all. Hope I am posting this question in the right area of the forum. I have a magnify lamp that I need to mount on the workbench. In the past I have been able to use the C-Style clamp that came with it. With my new bench setup I need to use a base mount. I have found this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061QAVB0/ref=dra_a_cs_lb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay-20 which I am sure it would work but wanted to see if someone had any DIY ideas. The lamp is pretty heavy as it it a commercial ElectriX. I have it currently just in a hole on the bench and it is a real pain to move and set in place when working. Thanks in advance to any ideas.

Greg

Hi Greg,

If you want something like this you could go to Ace Hardware or a Home Depot, Lowe's or a good plumbing supply house. Look in the plumbing section for a round bracket with four screw holes and has a female pipe thread in the center. These usually have a galvanized finish on them. There are a variety of male pipe thread adapters or bushings that you can use to adapt to the diameter that you might need. It might be less than twelve bucks but plumbing fittings are getting really expensive.

Greg