Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Drag Builds

hOLMS

Well, 2011 is almost gone and it has been an up-n-down year for my builds...did not get to spend as much time at the bench as I wanted, but do we ever?

Anyways, I was unsuccessful at finishing a project this year, was able to start to many though...LOL! I do have a rock crawler posted "on the workbench" that I hope to finish this year. Hopefully, I'll finish these others in 2012. My drag projects are below, some were reborn from previous years.

Post your 2011 stuff, finished or not!! I know most everyone has done some outstanding builds this year, which is why I'm glad to be a part of this forum, great place to share and learn...Thanks all!!

000_0500.jpg

000_0319.jpg

000_0227.jpg

DCP_3817.jpg

Man Jeff... I really like that Chevelle and Challenger you started, you have got to get those in resin and available for the rest of us pro mod nutts.

Ok, I will play, here is mine that I have been working on in 2011... Need to get back into this thing, but my back being out is causing my neck to have limited movement... just in time for the Holiday's gotta love it.

IMG_3533.jpg

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S to everyone on the forum!

Mike, thx...I plan to get back to them...sorta in that "lull" stage, guess we all go thru it.

Tyrone, yeah...66 shelby, been on the back burner for awhile now. Show us your builds buddy!!

Bart, gonna be one of the baddest cam's I've ever seen. Get yourself better soon!!

Dave, no holds barred, I say show what ya got!

Everyone of these builds in this thread so far is top notch. As for me, seems I'll be uable to finish one this year but am really close on the Fiat Topo. Just paint, decals and a few details to go.

GoodyearDecals.jpg

IMG70671.jpg

Seasons greetings to all my forum friends.

Edited by gasser59

They look good Tyrone... What else you got to do to the nova?

I had to redo the doors, hood and the trunk. they got a lot of trash in them when I was clearing them, so I repainted them and then they were a little darker than the rest of the car so I stripped them all down and repainted them. Still need to add clear coat and windows to the doors...

Here are my builds for the year....

Completed:

Picture142-1.jpg

Picture151-1.jpg

What Is still under the works:

My 1/16th Scale Front Engine Dragster, finally painted this one earlier this year. This project was started 15 years ago:

PlasticModels356-1.jpg

Also go the Decals put on it as well, Now I just need to finish it up:

PlasticModels378-1.jpg

And here is my big project of the year, My 1/16 Scale Army Vega Project, this rolling chassis pic is before the chassis refab work (refab still in progress):

DP-Army-Vega818-1.jpg