Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Radials

outlaw105

I asked about this MONTHS ago and was told they were being mastered....

That's why I went out in the garage last week and measured my 275-60-15's and have started doing the initial artwork for the tread and side cuts. I'm going to see if a stock car tire can be used as a basis, or if I'm carving tires and having them cast.

Mickey Thompson Pro E-T's are THE most popular tires on the streets today (followed by Hoosier & Nitto...) for muscle cars and NO ONE makes a set....

Maybe I should have kept this to myself until I was further along. th_shhhh.gif

Thanks for the options guys... Dom im really interested in your drag radials and i think I've emailed you one time before about them. I am about to do a build similar to your Impala with a turbo and 275's on alky but with a 69 GTO.

Edited by outlaw105

also, as in real life, the hoosiers are actually wider than the M/T ones. the radials i made are similar to the M/T design and are based of actual tire size. i make the models at 1:1 scale and sclae down to whatever size i need instead of trying to convert all dimensions down to a set 1/24 or 25th scale. i plan on making a set of hoosier style tires soon as well. mainly because nearly every 275 car out there now runs them, well the race cars at least.