Model Cars Magazine Forum

Max Wedge Headers

That's one seriously wild iron casting. I'd like the hear the cursing and swearing at the foundry as the workers tried to keep the sand cores from breaking up during handling. I bet THAT'S the real reason only 10 sets were made. B)

Funny you should say that, just what I was thinking, what a bear it must have been to cast. :o Certainly a little bit different than the injection "molding" we're used to in plastic.

The '28 Ford sedan units don't fit the car (a set of headers was included). They were meant to be used on the engine if it were built as a display item, separate from the car. They are on the "fat" side and probably wouldn't fit too many "in scale" installations.

The '28 Ford sedan units don't fit the car (a set of headers was included). They were meant to be used on the engine if it were built as a display item, separate from the car. They are on the "fat" side and probably wouldn't fit too many "in scale" installations.

Maybe not the Model A. 00001141mi.jpgccrp-1111-06-o%2B1964-dodge-330-max-wedglooks like there's plenty o' room in them MOPARS.

I don't think the Tri Y manifolds were ever used in a production car

Tri Y manifolds were very popular in the Pontiac Cars. 180 degree Stock Car headers were also in the Tri Y configuration to promote the low end torque needed in short track racing.

To tell you guys, wrong. They were not fender well headers, they were a cast iron(two piece) factory made header that was only on the 413/426 cid wedges of the early 60's Dodge and plymouth's for drag racing. Yes they were on the 13.5;1 engines. These speiceal headers came up along the valve cover and then went down along the back of the engine. at that time there was a joint which bolted the bottom part on and ran along the trans. I don't know of any kit that makes them headers, only make headers that are after market. This would be a nice resin project. I think the last time I seen a set of these headers on e-bay they went for $2500.00. very rare and they are cast iron!

Don Holthaus at The Modelhaus has this 383/413 Cross Ram intake set up...Don also has Max Wedge exhaust manifolds.

The Mopar Cross Ram.

http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=0&p=69214

And the exhaust Manifolds.

1963 http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=0&p=68356

1964 http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=0&p=68357

I believe the 1963 manifolds are the early low production rare Tri-Y manifolds.

Edited by Force

• 8 months later...

Thansk for the links.

I have these aready ( fyi, which were never factory installed in any mopar )

I need the OEM installed type I shown above. I never even thought about the Polar Lights 65 Dodge snap kit ,,,I have 3 or 4 of them on hand ,,,,,,,Yeaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gtx6970

• 1 year later...