Model Cars Magazine Forum

I want to see your U.S.S Enterprises NCC-1701A

I have heard that they finally removed the grid lines from the saucer.

That they did! But the bad part is the kit is just as ill-fitting as it ever was. Then again, this basic tool was pretty much in production continuously from 1975 (when the original 1966 alumium molds were replaced) to 1996, so I guess I shouldn't expect a state of the art, 'shake and bake' type of kit anyway. :)

"Correction, Bones. Those 4 ships don't know it's M-5's game."

Great episode, forgot about that ship.

Lee

Don't kow if you did this on purpose but your 3 photos match 3 angles in the episode exactly.

1- view of drifting Constellation on the viewscreen when first approached by Enterprise.

2- rear view flying into the planet killers maul.

3- side view was when scotty got impulse back. this scene looks very toy like on newer TVs. looked good on my parents 19" b/w TV when I was 7. :)

The effect on the nacelles looks great!!

Yes, I did the poses on purpose. I have screen shots of those positions, and can post pics of the screen caps and my version in the same pose. Thanks for the kind comments

• 5 months later...

I've got an Enterprise at home (I'm at work right now) but I'm not sure if it's the Refit from the original movie or if it's the "A". Infact, the model is in pieces, it belonged to my mother and she kept it boxed up and it eventually broke apart. I have it on my restore list. I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow and hopefully some of you may be able to identify which Enterprise it is as well as which kit it came from.

I also have the space station K-7, a romulan war bird and a klingon bird of prey that belonged to my mother that I am working to restore as well. Thankfully, polar lights has reissued these kits so it's a bit easier to fix them.

post-10510-0-37520700-1348026217_thumb.j

Edited by KiethBlackLion