Model Cars Magazine Forum

First post here! A few of my models.

Shelby 427 1965

Hi everyone!

Just signed up to the site, figured it'd be handy to. :)

I'm Tomo, I have a passion for cars and modelling. I'm not long turned 15, I'm from Armagh in Northern Ireland and I've been modelling for around a year, give or take a few months. I've learned a lot, but there's still so much for me to learn, so I'm hoping this site will help me get better with the help of you guys! I love muscle cars, Japanese cars, European cars, well, all cars really. I build whatever I see and takes my fancy. I

These are a few of my models, I'll post some now so you guys have an idea of what to expect.. it's really not much. I'll be asking for your opinions and help a lot so I can learn! Anyway. On to the models. I'll give a brief sentence about each one.

"Immy 2 & 3" - 1998/9 Subaru Impreza WRC/ This is the last model I finished in 2012 (the '99) beside her sister, which I finished earlier in the year. First time attempting snow weathering.

8315170496_51d84ef935_b.jpg
8315161402_3f9dd8d79c_b.jpg

1988 Sauber Mercedes C9 - This was my first attempt at making seatbelts, doing wiring on an engine and bare metal foil. I didn't like the AEG livery this kit came with, I fancied the silver one but couldn't get my hands on one, so I did my own thing.

8231780409_8c25898ee3_b.jpg
8232842028_b6b210041d_b.jpg

Toyota GT86 - I had decided that, since I'll never own one of these, and I'm quite fond of them, I'll do a model. I wasn't going to due to the price of the thing, but I bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. This is Tamiya's.

8146313884_764863ca9a_b.jpg
8144785011_ecc1b1bb5f_b.jpg

Fiat 500 "Ferrari Fan" - Decided to weather this slightly. The kit annoyed me, but it's not a bad kit.

8079958333_b097483a0b_b.jpg
8347535012_9a51406f58_b.jpg

'70 Plymouth Superbird - This was my first muscle car kit. I've always loved Superbirds, and I was really proud of this one.

8040436306_2e1a6ffd9d_b.jpg
8043629721_7ed20fb1e2_b.jpg

These are just a few of my models, I look forward to being on here and seeing what you guys have to say and seeing all your lovely works!

Cheers!

- Tomo

Edited by Shelby 427 1965

Well Tomo you should be extremely proud of yourself! Some very good builds mate, especially after only 12mnths in the hobby?! I'm officially impressed :-) Of course you do know once you've got the bug NO amount of bug spray will kill it! ;-)

Lol! I'm a Mopar lover so I'm mightly fond of that Superbird & would love to see you build it's sister, the Daytona Charger ;-) Now lets see more :-)

Oh yeh... Welcome to the forum mate :-)

Cheers Cliffo

Welcome to the forum, glad to see so more teens on here (We have quite a few,including myself).And I can also see you a Pink Floyd fan,I'm currently listening to "Welcome to the Machine".They are hands down my favorite band. You also build some really nice models,I really like your GT86.

Wow! Excellent work, both models and photography. And all at just 15!

You definitely have a bright future in this hobby and we're lucky to have you here as a member. Welcome!

And as mentioned... a Pink Floyd fan. That alone makes you ok in my book! ;)