Model Cars Magazine Forum

1989 Batmobile Build with my 5 yr old Son

Nate

A most excellent build . I remember the days in '54-'56 on the Dining Room Table with our Father as we were guided on a Model Kit build .. #1 , wowser . This kit was quite a Huggy Bear to build as it is the only one of the Batmobiles I've actually finished from an Injection Styrene Kit . Tell the Lad ; "Good Work and keep the good work up" , please from me .. Thanx ..

Love the story behind the build. Nice job too.

My first build was the Revell Black Rat vette. I had glue fingerprints all over the body and glass. Who knew it would be a hobby of mine 20+ years later.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can share a build with my son too (he just learned to walk last week :D)

BTW - this is the BEST Batmobile IMO!

This is really awesome.

Some people ask where the hobby is going and that there is no new blood in it. Well, it is up to us to pass it on to the next generation builders. I do same thing with my kids and love it when I see another parent taking the time to build a model with their kid.

And I would also like to congratulate the little Batman for a job well done. That's one good looking Batmobile.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. He's already started to think about the next build. His 7 yr old older brother is also.

His next one will be more independent. Hopefully we can do a snap together or something so he can handle it all on his own. That is, if I can resist "helping", LOL.

Edited by Nate