Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

Yes, please more info on the 71 Ford truck, talk about buying a case of something...

I have gotten to help on this project some....and was not aware that it was going to be announced at Toledo. As soon as they can I am sure Dave Metzner will get on here and give details. But he will be out this week at iHobby. If I get a OK I will detail.....but that will be a few days at best. Just let's say it will make modelers happy!

That Moebius Models' Ford Ranger would make cool "Hillbilly Pickup", bit rusty and dusty and equipped with a Shotgun, of course. :lol: I'm really looking forward to all of those, but the Ford Pickup is maybe the best one. Those kits from Moebius are always top quality, and that is already enough to buy their kit. And when the subject is interesting, I can't wait to see one on my Bench.

Needs to build also one Rat Roadster, and pick another one for parts. Oh man, that will be another very pricey year for me...

Along with Moebius' 1971 Ford Pick up I was just informed that there will be an additional kit announced in this line. Dave Burket of Model King will be issuing a Moebius tooled 1969 Ford Pick Up Kit. Details of what each kit will include will be posted as soon as a few small things are worked out. But these two kits are just the start of many related truck kits and some other FANTASTIC automotive subjects!!

Cool...I like the '69 style grille more than the '71. Hope this series is successful and the aftermarket responds, would love to build a '67-69 Crew Cab.

Any news from Moebius about other new kits? I've heard rumors elsewhere of a mid '60s Ford (maybe a '65 Comet) and perhaps another '50s subject or two. I guess any news from them will be coming out at iHobby later this week..

Edited by Rob Hall

I haven't seen the modeling public in such a positive mood in ages ....... Not since the early 90's when we got a rash of new tools. All the news the past few days proves we're living in a healthy hobby. These are indeed good times.

Thanks to all involved

Guest Johnny

This will be a must for me. I had a 67 with a 71 grill in it.

If it's accurate to the real one, I hope the make extra beds, the originals only last a few years,lol

Why not! That was pretty much what Ford did too! :lol:

Why not! That was pretty much what Ford did too! :lol:

You got it! My 67 had the painted white grill and this guy I knew that worked at a Ford body shop gave my a 71 aluminum grill that had a very tiny dent in it. Looked better than the painted grill.

I just remembered, I also had a 69 pickup.

These would be cool to combine with the AMT camper kit that Model King reissued a few years ago. I'm REALLY excited about these!!!! An all new pickup will be great and I bet Moebius will do an awesome job as usual on it!!!!!!!

Edited by Ben

We have announced the first of Our Ford Pick-up truck releases at Toledo over the week end. That truck will be a 1971 8 ft bed Ranger XLT - Big Block automatic 2 wheel drive.

What we didn't show at Toledo is the second kit. This will be a Model King Exclusive. it will be a 1969 Custom Cab short Bed six cylinder stick 2 wheel drive.

Mock-ups for both kits are being done now. I hope to have them in my hands before Thanksgiving. Once we have reviewed mock-ups and made any corrections needed I'd like to hope that tooling will be under way by Christmas.

If all goes well we could have first test shots by mid February next year. Our hopes are to have kits on store shelves before the end of the second quarter of 2013

Wish I had a pile of great photos, but these kits are only 3d computer files at this time.

As soon as the Mock-ups get here I promise that I'll put photos up..

Thanks,

Dave