Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mels Diner

57peppershaker

Thought best put these in a new thread.

Guy I know, Rick bought this last year, from the guy who originaly built it. Its been gathering dust for a long time.

When built, 2 door sedan 55's were not avail so he used a coupe, same with few other bits but I think it looks great (except for dust)

He's planning a make over to bring it back to its former glory.

7734d8a71ad16784.jpg

7734d8a71f024d19.jpg

7734d8a71cc1e709.jpg

Edited by 57peppershaker

Great.... he used all the correct cars from the movie as well! (But I don't remember a 2CV in the movie.... or is the memory just fading?) Replacing the '55 coupe with the two door sedan will be the "icing on the cake".

Love that sign!

Tony

Great.... he used all the correct cars from the movie as well! (But I don't remember a 2CV in the movie.... or is the memory just fading?) Replacing the '55 coupe with the two door sedan will be the "icing on the cake".

Love that sign!

Tony

Tony that was Kurt's car.

• 3 weeks later...

AmGraf027.jpg

This is fantastic!! American Graffiti is my all time favorite car movie.

In the recent past I had the overly optimistic notion that I would build an AG diorama with Mel's, the Wolfman studio and other AG features. It was to be complete with operational automobiles running on batteries and steered by magnets that followed buried wires. I did the research, gathered the available cars and people , actually got a mag steer car working, then saw some other shiny thing and never went any further.

Anyone interested in doing the AG thing, click on the links above and check out the research that I did. Maybe it will help.

• 2 weeks later...