Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

Or anything else. IE is terrible compared to Firefox and chrome.

However I find that Bing is significantly better for image searches than google.

You don't need IE to use bing. Any browser can take you to any website. Bing and Google aren't web browsers, they're web sites. Doesn't matter which browser you use to get there.

I'm using iOS 8. Is the site not compatible with the Photo Library on it yet, or is the problem on my end?

Whenever I try to upload a picture, it just hangs in loading indefinitely, even when I left it for an hour yesterday, hence my blank profile picture and no picture updates on my finished Dodge A100. Could I have some help?

Are you using Safari or another browser for this? Part of the problem might be size, the iPhone takes pictures that are about 2 mb each and can take time to upload. The best way I've found to get pictures is to transfer them to the computer, resize to 1500 pix wide, then upload to photobucket. The avatar is different since it needs to be a certain size and can be directly uploaded from your computer. I resize them to this because they are small enough to fit the forum and still have a lot of detail.

Hope this helps, if not I can clarify any points.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I saw in Greggs video how there is supposed to be a button below the text box that you click on to go to your photo albums to grab pictures.

That button is not there any more for me?

I have tried on my Ipad and on my desk top using both, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers but that button to post pics never shows up?

Ok, I saw in Greggs video how there is supposed to be a button below the text box that you click on to go to your photo albums to grab pictures.

That button is not there any more for me?

I have tried on my Ipad and on my desk top using both, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers but that button to post pics never shows up?

Click the "My Media" to the right of the smiley face.

Clicked on Media....nothing, no way to load pictures from my saved pictures on my computer. Why is it that when I post in the "general" section, the option is at the bottom of the text box to add attachments but if I try to post in the "truck aftermarket/resin" section of the forum, that option is not there?

On my iPad, there's this box called more reply options.

See it there?

Now tap it, and you can see the "attach files" thing where you can choose a file.

Tap "choose file" and this comes up.

Then select photo library and choose your file.

All these are the files, highlighted in that bluish grey color.

If you can see it there, it's uploaded and it'll show up on your post.

Tap "add to post" to put the picture in your edit bar and add text around photos, as seen here.

All these with the "{attachment=*****:image.jpg}" are pictures. Hope this helps.

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

When I first joined this board I followed the instructions to post and had no problems putting up pics from my Fotki account. About a year ago the link button would just hang up my computer so I gave up trying. Anybody else have problems and how did you fix the issue?

When I first joined this board I followed the instructions to post and had no problems putting up pics from my Fotki account. About a year ago the link button would just hang up my computer so I gave up trying. Anybody else have problems and how did you fix the issue?

If you're using an off-site (i.e., not using the Upload Attachment feature here in the forum) photo host such as fotki, Photobucket, etc., all you need to do is copy and paste the correct image link in the body of the reply box. You do not need to use the "More Reply Option" window and click the picture icon and so forth-- it's absolutely not necessary. Copy (Control or Command "C") the "Image link for forums" (on fotki), the paste (Control or Command "V") the copied link in the body of your message here. That's all there is to it.

Here's an image from your fotki album. I clicked the "Share" tab, then "More sharing options" tab, then highlighted and copied the "Code for forums" link, then pasted it below:

IMG_0302vi-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I seem to hit a limit on the number of photos I can post. Now, if I wish to post something here, I have to find an older post and delete the photo there. For this reason, for the most part, I've given up posting photos here.

There are plenty of free image hosting 'sites on the interwebz, so choose one you like and upload, then share, the images to your heart's delight. You have to use a lot of bandwidth to exceed Photobucket's bandwidth limit, so you probably will never, ever have to worry about reaching that point. PB has photo editing features that will suffice for just about any web-viewed image, it's free, and you can control everything about your images.

Clicked on Media....nothing, no way to load pictures from my saved pictures on my computer. Why is it that when I post in the "general" section, the option is at the bottom of the text box to add attachments but if I try to post in the "truck aftermarket/resin" section of the forum, that option is not there?

You're right, Ben. The "Upload attachments" option does not show up in the Model Trucks: Resin & Aftermarket section after you advance to the "More rely options" window. I think it's because that particular section was created relatively recently, and Dave Ambrose has to manually go in set up those features which are already available in other sub-sections of the forum.

You can use the same image links from your website, then click the picture of the tree icon, paste the image link, and:

5ff7be_24711cd8d7ec4d53a01542bfe5b3c595.

There are plenty of free image hosting 'sites on the interwebz, so choose one you like and upload, then share, the images to your heart's delight. You have to use a lot of bandwidth to exceed Photobucket's bandwidth limit, so you probably will never, ever have to worry about reaching that point. PB has photo editing features that will suffice for just about any web-viewed image, it's free, and you can control everything about your images.

Great if I knew what your talking about. I just use the pictures I have stored on my I-Pad. I know nothing about using other sites out on the web for doing this type of thing. My problem is not storage space on my end. It's the amount of storage I'm allowed on this site. From what I can tell. Easy solution. I just quit putting up pictures here.

Scott

• Gregg unpinned this topic