Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Challenger conversion 9/18

caine440

That's about the ONLY way you'll find a 71 Challenger at a decent price! Who's conversion kit is that? I have one that looks identical to yours but comes with the rear lower quarter panel vents also. This is gonna be an interesting build! Imma be watchin this rascal! :D;)

Cain try using the Lindberg Challenger , it makes perfect platform to start with and it is diamesionally the same as the MPC car . Also you would not have to mess with the roof . I've done a couple and when there done you can't tell the difference

Chuck

Edited by ratnasty

I've never considered the Lindberg Challenger. Can you PLEASE (that's me begging) post pictures. The roof issues of the Yankee Challenger always gets me to pass on it, even through I have six or seven of them. Hmmm.....Lindberg body, AMT chassis and Jo-Han engine. Just need to figure out how to throw something from Revell in there.

this is what you should after the conversion is glued in and now cut out the support bar

Image1-vi.jpg

here it is with some primer on it and I have done zero body work

Image14-vi.jpg

Image15-vi.jpg

hood scoop came from a junk hood off of the pro street Baracuda . I hope you guys enjoy it and it helps out

thanks Chuck