Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Ford Police Interceptor

Zoom Zoom

Psst........... uh Chuck, in the Richmond Virginia area, Cesterfield, ( AKA Arresterfield , Communist, county ) are useing some Tahoe SUV's with indescrete lights built just inside . Generally , they're used simply for Licence plate infractions too......... Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver

Psst........... uh Chuck, in the Richmond Virginia area, Cesterfield, ( AKA Arresterfield , Communist, county ) are useing some Tahoe SUV's with indescrete lights built just inside . Generally , they're used simply for Licence plate infractions too......... Ed Shaver

Most of the Michigan State Trooper Tahoes are set up that way, too. They only come on with the roof flasher, though. Never see 'em till they hit the big red gumball on the roof and by then it's too late!

Everyone is scrambling now that the CVPI is gone. The Caprice looks promising, but if I recall correctly, it has something like eight variants/option packages. That boys and girls, is a bean counters wet dream. Unfortunately the street cops will probably have little say in the matter. The cheaper the better, as long as it meets department requirements.

FWD cars are, well lets say,unsuited for police work. Oh I have driven quite a few, including the previously mentioned fart blossom Taurus. The worst, and I mean worst, was that darn FWD Implala. Evil, evil little POS. Fine detective ride, though it sucked as a front line scout car.

Tahoes are cool, but expensive as all get out. See above comment referring to bean counters. I have driven a few Chargers, had an '11 as a rental back in the 'Lou in April. Traffic coppers say the hemi will flat out sh&* and git on the freeway. Don't know about maintainence issues, see bean counter comment above.

G

I think it has more of a big brother to the Impala look . Now that you mentioned Cobalt, well, that works too.

We had a fleet services division so while a bill, per se, was never there, I'm sure the powers that be lost their collective minds every day.

G

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys, Who's the first one to tear it down and start making resin copies?? B)

;)

These are $10 models at Wal Mart...I don't see much market for resin which would cost exponentially more. For $10 a builder can buy it, tear it apart, and redo it exactly as they want. In fact two have already been shown on the MCM forum by Zoli.

There's a $200 resin Audi TT offered by an Asian aftermarket firm. He literally took a cheap Welly diecast and recast the whole thing. As in "without any improvements". I don't know about anyone else, but I believe one would be crazy to spend that $$ on resin when you can get the model for $15, and in 15 minutes have it disassembled and ready to refinish to your standards from there.

Captured the Unmarked B/W today. As some have done it's gettin redone. Gotta figure out if the white will remove without harming the black under, or if I gotta repaint. I'm thinkin a slicktop all black machine to match my Crown Vics and Impalas. My Question is who is gonna dress this thing in Detroit OCP logos?? lol

Seems like quite a few of these are being snapped up, repainted, and treated to aftermarket decals. Wonder if Lindberg or Revell is listening in? Potential full-detail styrene kit? If for no other reason than to appease the guys who don't care for diecast? I'm keeping my fingers crossed! And keeping an eye out for a couple of these diecasts, as well. B)

• 4 months later...

Jonathan,

As of two weeks ago (when I was last in Wal-Mart) they had the Interceptors in stock. I believe they came in when they stocked up for the Christmas selling season. Have you checked your local Wally-Box stores?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI......Motormax is retooling the die to remove the sunroof from the charger body. I also heard throught the grapevine that Motormax will not be available through Walmart anymore.

Interesting..the presence of the sunroof implies that they will do a civilian version...I'd like to see a stock R/T..haven't seen any listed yet on eBay.

I don't know of any actual physical store that sells motormax, other than walmart. And rarely do I see them there as it is. Way to go WM screwing the pooch again on everything I collect lol.

And thanks for the update Zoli! Glad they caught the glaring mistake of having a sunroof in a cop car.

Hopefully they start putting out some plain white ones. Philly/Delaware River Port Authority is already using these new Chargers.

Edited by blubaja