Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lesson in Stance 2: Dirty Daisy(no longer will be updated)

Lownslow

you can catch the updates on facebook

Not interested anymore. Look around the Diecast topic on this forum and you'll see plenty of excellent work that's just what you're doing, and somehow, lots of great builders seem to get it and post here.

Edited by sjordan2

His reference to "Jim Crow" laws is that diecasts are "segregated" into their own category, and he doesn't like it that way. Since modifying diecasts is very different than modifying plastic kits, we decided that a separate diecast section makes sense... both to accommodate the diecast builders and collectors who are forum members, and to avoid "offending" those people who think that diecasts aren't legitimate scale models.

He doesn't like the fact that we have a diecast section and that his thread was moved there. It all falls under the category of "You can't please everyone" or "No matter what we do, there will always be someone who's going to complain about it."

If he's offended in some way that we have a diecast section, and that his diecast modification thread was moved to the diecast section, and so now he's going to stop posting on the thread to show us all how unhappy he is about that, well... that's his call.

I'm glad to have this section as I have alot of diecast's that I have redone in some sort of way but have never really had a forum to show them to other members.

Kudo's to you Harry for developing this section...

Honestly 99% of the time I NEVER notice what section a particular thread is in because I use the "view new content" button as do most people I think.

Bingo. I didn't even realise some of the categories were recently renamed

His reference to "Jim Crow" laws is that diecasts are "segregated" into their own category, and he doesn't like it that way. Since modifying diecasts is very different than modifying plastic kits, we decided that a separate diecast section makes sense... both to accommodate the diecast builders and collectors who are forum members, and to avoid "offending" those people who think that diecasts aren't legitimate scale models.

He doesn't like the fact that we have a diecast section and that his thread was moved there. It all falls under the category of "You can't please everyone" or "No matter what we do, there will always be someone who's going to complain about it."

If he's offended in some way that we have a diecast section, and that his diecast modification thread was moved to the diecast section, and so now he's going to stop posting on the thread to show us all how unhappy he is about that, well... that's his call.

He did the same thing on the SPC forum, his post got moved, went off on the admin and got banned.