Model Cars Magazine Forum

Factory Stock Z06 interiors 80% done

ismaelg

Looks great Izzy. WHats your trick on the realistic guage faces ? Are they in the Revell kit or do you make them ?

Plus...that interior "black" is spot on..is that the Humbrol ? I need to paint a Mustang interior, and I've been thinking I'd have to mix a little grey in with the black to get the correct color. Is that what you did ? Anyway it looks great.

Yup....looks great.

Nice work Ismael! I wish I had shot interior photos of mine. Got distracted during final assembly :roll:

Jeff, the gauges come w/the kit and mount behind a clear gauge cover. It looks really good. I just cut out the decal and glued it to the gauge cover, no dunking in water w/white glue as Revell suggests.

Testors Acryl has a great dark gray, IIRC it's Aircraft Interior Black or Dark Gray (sorry, my bottle is 25 miles away at this time), it's basically flat black that has a small amount of gray in it. Nice subtle look to it.

Jeff,

I applied the kit's gauge decal to the clear part, then cut a piece of thin clear plastic and put it over it as the lens. As for the color, I'm very happy, since the 1:1 is not really black, but a very dark gray. I airbrushed the Humbrol flat dark gray mixed with a few drops of Testors black. I usually use Euro 1 Gray from the Model Master line but since I didn't find it I mixed it.

Thanks,