Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose - Revell Partnership

• 1 year later...

Almost two years later, I decided to look this thread up again. I remembered some of the people saying that the FD-100 and Eldorado could only be built one way, and would limit the build options.

I find it quite interesting that the Foose pickup has been built so many times in so many different ways. Very few of the builds of this truck on this site have been replica Foose trucks - most have the builder's touch on them, whether it's wheels, paint, interior or other areas. Some have been pretty spectacular. I watch almost all the FD-100 builds, and I have two myself. That's kind of weird in itself, because I have almost zero interest in models of any vehicle built before 1970, the newer the better (I'm right at 60 years old).

Even the Foose Cadillac has some following. Not quite so much as the truck, but there's some nice Foose Cadillacs here, too.

I'm a big fan of customizing customs; many of my as yet unfinished projects are custom customs. It seems to me that Revell has a couple of winners here.

Jim, thanks for digging up this thread.  I've been thinking about it lately but hadn't the gumption to look it up.  It's interesting to read back to the kit announcements.  The attitudes of the peanut gallery on this board were there, just as I remembered.

At NNL East we have one category that we announce in January right before the show.  (The show is in April).   We call it the "Web Theme", in that it hadn't appeared in the flyers etc created a year before the show, it only gets announced on our website by January 15 of each year.   It gives us a chance to include what's hot that year.   This year it was overwhelmingly the Foose kits.  We noticed that they were getting a lot of board space, on all the boards we follow, and people were building them in their own style. So it became this year's Web Theme.   We weren't disappointed on what showed up on the tables either!

I have to agree with the interest in the FD-150. I knew I wanted to build a few since I have owned two different '56 Ford 150's at different times. Just went to the Heartland Nationals this weekend and you could not count how many there were and the different styles of build had one or more in almost every class. I saw a few Cadillacs but they were all done in different colors but each one was great looking. I hope with what all Revell is going through now we will still be able to get these to build in the future.

The licensing for the Foose kits was supposed to expire at the end of March, which I don't believe it was renewed  (based on subsequent filings), and what with Blitz rejecting almost all of the US licensing - as it was duplication of existing AG licensing, I honestly believe there would have to be an entirely new agreement made up to reissue any of those kits - unless they become Chipperson Fooze or whatever.