Model Cars Magazine Forum

New! A detailed look at the third round of tooling refinements for the Moebius '61 Ventura kit.

tim boyd

At this link you'll find 34 pictures and captions summarizing the entire kit contents and the latest round of refinements to the Moebius '61 Ventura kit tooling.

I am advised that other than a couple of very minor fit interior fit refinements, final polishing of the tool, and completion of the decals, assembly instructions, and box art, this one is just about ready to go into production.

As before, due to differences in camera lenses, focal lengths, photography angles and the like, I caution you against making any final determinations of the body accuracy by attempting to compare these photos to 1/1 scale photos of '61 Ventura. Also, I have started a new thread since this is a look at the actual future kit contents, but if the Forum Moderators what to move this to the previous thread discussing the future kit, please do so.

DSC_0563-vi.jpg

Thanks to Dave Metzner at Moebius for providing us the test shot...and now...take a look at what we found by clicking the highlighted blue link in the first sentence above.

Cheers...>TIM

Edited by tim boyd

It all looks very '90s AMT-ish, which is to say, very nice.

I was thinking it looked kinda Lindberg (ish) in part because of the windwing design.

like what they could have done if they had stayed in business.

Edited by mike 51

Thanks Tim for the review loks nice can't waite till I can get one to bulid did you know if it will have fixed front wheels and the other set of spindles look like a set for lowering and the other looks like stock height. Thankas again for letting us look at the kit!!!!!

I personally am not a big fan of the subject matter, but WOW! Separate door handles, and other features. I reckon it might build better than a tamiya kit. I hope they do another truck and maybe a modern car. im sure this has many fans anyway. I look forward to seeing it on the workbench in the forum. Cheers.

Ben

I personally am not a big fan of the subject matter, but WOW! Separate door handles, and other features. I reckon it might build better than a tamiya kit. I hope they do another truck and maybe a modern car. im sure this has many fans anyway. I look forward to seeing it on the workbench in the forum. Cheers.

Ben

A current ('15) Charger with the same amount of detail would be nice. Maybe a Tesla?

So what will go into all those empty spaces? It doesn't seem like a drag car version would differ much and a NASCAR version might differ "too much"?

Well, they've already shown a 61 Catalina on the flyer they had at NNL East 14. The illustration they used showed regular steel wheels, so I'm betting those 4 empty spots on the air cleaner sprue are for them. The other empty spots hint at a 421 SD to me (intake, valve covers, air cleaners or carbs) as those spots are right next to the parts they'd replace. Edited by Brett Barrow