Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Sunshine

Gothic Kustomz

Great mod on the hood! Looks like it'll be a killer!!! I like the spoiler work on it too. didja have to trim both the front and rear of the hood to get that NICE fit??? :D

yea but not to much, off the front, and the sides had to be bought in a little too...

Dr Cranky, I like this allot, so it will prolly get done faster then the rest I have going.....

Finaly. Nothing moves. High noon. Blacktop. Rolling below the asphalt drive.

A concrete fascination! Scraping the edge of nothing.

This...is...black...sunshine.

That project rocks! I can't wait to see it in it's full glory!

Big White Zombie fan myself from way back. Awesome to see Black Sunshine 1/25th scale incarnate. Possibly one of the bad azz'd ideas I've seen here yet!

Edited by deadcylinder

It looks like you already put more effort into it in the first hour than whoever built the boxcover model. I hate it when such a lackluster build is used to represent the kit. I'm enjoying what you're doing with it. Like myself, you appear to be a minimalist when it comes to putty. I need some popcorn to watch this one. :)

So uh, ... what's this have to do with either Rob Zombie OR Black Sunshine? Wasn't the car in the video a '65 'convertible?

OH no! it's the build police, everybody, stop building what your building, unless he inspects it and it's right, feel better? to bad.

Guess the easy way to explain this so you can understand, is like this, I like Rob Zombie, I like the song Black Sunshine, so I thought I would build MY version of the car, is that ok with you, to bad......

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

This model would fit right in with the "Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music" CBP that I started last year. The whole focus of that community build is to see how the builder envisions the car/truck in the song. I'd like the builds to be as true to the song lyrics as possible, but if YOU truly see this car as a 1970, not the 1965 that's mentioned in the lyrics, well I guess that's how YOU see it. I want to get other people's impressions of the song cars. For instance, Jantrix did a great job on the "Flatbed Ford" from The Eagles "Take It Easy". I always saw that truck as a kinda beat-up white-and-primer mid-60's model while Jantrix built his as a '34 street rod!

I originally said that no song could be done twice and someone has already spoken for "Black Sunshine", but I recently decided to waive that silly rule. Feel free to jump into that CBP with this model.

This model would fit right in with the "Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music" CBP that I started last year. The whole focus of that community build is to see how the builder envisions the car/truck in the song. I'd like the builds to be as true to the song lyrics as possible, but if YOU truly see this car as a 1970, not the 1965 that's mentioned in the lyrics, well I guess that's how YOU see it. I want to get other people's impressions of the song cars. For instance, Jantrix did a great job on the "Flatbed Ford" from The Eagles "Take It Easy". I always saw that truck as a kinda beat-up white-and-primer mid-60's model while Jantrix built his as a '34 street rod!

I originally said that no song could be done twice and someone has already spoken for "Black Sunshine", but I recently decided to waive that silly rule. Feel free to jump into that CBP with this model.

I did'nt know about your CBP, going to go look it up and take a look at the rules, see what's going on, and see if I have enough time, as I'm a way slow builder, but I will take a look...

OK! l get it now Harry & sjordan. This must be what you mean by trolls! Great build, dude! Do it your way Please, cuz this is shaping up to be a hot looking 'Stang. l'm following this one through! Bart.

Thats why I luv this hobby so much man, you can let your mind fly, and its plastic, so if you mess it up, rebuild it, don't like it, rebuild it, wanna do it YOUR way then go for it, there are some awesome builders here, and it's kewl to see what comes to mind on some of those builds, oh, an yeah there's the trolls, but what are you gonna do ? there everywhere, but it's not gonna stop me from building.

And to everyone thank you for the encouraging words....

Hey Dude, l'm very new to the internet. l'm born again to the styrene. l've been an artist & a gearhead for many years. l'm steadfast against slamming of individual creativity-it usually stems from envy-keep it up, my styrene brother! Might l guess you are also a musician? Bart..l'm also a Mopar fanatic, but this is a VERY imaginative Ford you have going. Bart.

I wanna take time to thank all of you for your comments, they are AWESOME, and feeds my desire to build, and do even crazy'r stuff, you all are great builders too, and seeing some of your work inspires me too, thank you all, I will be post this in the CBP that, CorvairJim has going, "Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music" I hope to see you all there with the same support, for my build as well as the others, thanx so much......

For all those knit-pickers out there: Go build a Kubelwagen!....lol....They 'prolly' come in a konvertible.....

That work on the nose and spoiler cleaned up awesome! I just finished the carpet job on my 69 Camaro COPO...just stopped by to see how your work is coming....nobody better bust on me about my overuse of periods......lol

For all those knit-pickers out there: Go build a Kubelwagen!....lol....They 'prolly' come in a konvertible.....

That work on the nose and spoiler cleaned up awesome! I just finished the carpet job on my 69 Camaro COPO...just stopped by to see how your work is coming....nobody better bust on me about my overuse of periods......lol

LOL PERIOD !!!!,

I just got the front to sit right, now the rear, updates soon guys, thanks.....