Model Cars Magazine Forum

Feelin' Jeepish Jeeprod - Crystal Blue Persuasion? 30% done

So I was at a dollar store about two weeks ago. Yes, a true "one-dollar-everything" store. In the toy aisle, I found these Jeeps. If they're not 1/24 or 1/25 scale, they're hella close.

post-13841-0-30548000-1419226574_thumb.j

It's got this weak friction drive that barely works, the rollbar, etc not even glued in, just peg-holed together.

I was originally going to make a stock one and a rusty one, but that changed B)

After some cutting, slicing, sanding, Dremelling, and filing, here's what I'm at for one of em.

post-13841-0-44310500-1419226709_thumb.j

It's inspired by the Roadkill Jeeprod, and I've christened mine "Feelin' Jeepish."

It's going to have bomber seats in it, and that's all that's really defined right now.

Here's a look at some of the work done.

post-13841-0-18580300-1419226798_thumb.j

post-13841-0-22441200-1419226829_thumb.j

post-13841-0-42960400-1419226867_thumb.j

Feel free to spit some suggestions... And yes, I have gotten pics from the Roadkill episode for some reference.

One more thing that's defined... I'm not using the wheels that it came with XD

post-13841-0-30701900-1419226942_thumb.j

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

Cut the hood open for s--ts and giggles, but also to better sculpt the firewall.

Now I'm going to have to make a whole detailed underhood area, but I'm not worried.

post-13841-0-32474400-1419235958_thumb.j

This has come a long, LONG way in one night :DB)

I'm happy for today, so I'll let the glue set and come back to it tomorrow after school.

You can get a case of the Jeeps from the Dollar Tree website for $25! That's 25 Jeeps for $25!

You'd probably have to specify you want all Jeeps, and in the end you'd be doing a lot of hacking/replacing wheels/detailing/chopping/filing, but I'm really having fun doing this conversion so far B)

http://deals.dollartree.com/toys/action-figures-cars/Plastic-Military-Friction-General-Purpose-Vehicles-6-/773c784c784p345940/index.pro

So it's going to have whitewall tires, open steel wheels, and a Jimmy-Six engine! Should look killer! I hope to clean up the hood today, but it does look a little thick.

I may shape a new hood out of Evergreen for it to achieve a bit more scale size.

Yeahh!! And where they're taking the C3 Corvette for a testdrive and get pulled over and he said "return this BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH where you get it from" :D i was dying from laughing but in true roadkill fashion they kept on driving. :D

Fun factor is the drifts of finnegan in the end of that episode, i've done such drifts myself with my dads corvette in wet grass on a carshow :D

Thing was shiny black and me and my buddie got back to our campingsite as muddy as could be and he said "y'all had great time with the thing??" Hell yeahh!! Best time of my life! :D

Edited by FullPowerGarage

Roadkill is pretty much the best show out there right now. Hope they dont bloat it w/ all the corporate BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, or drag it down like always happens with good things.

I've got many Roadkill builds in mind. General Mayhem and Muscle Truck are the only two I've actually started on but stalled til I can find time to build again.

I have the kits to do these: Crusher Camaro, Rotsun, Freiburger's Superbee, The Ronco (Bronco from cheap truck challenge episode)

I need to get kits to build: Flatrod Jeep, Finnigan's El Camino, and a couple kits to kitbash and make Ramptruck.

If only someone made a '68 Ranchero... I'd be all over making the Raunchero... love that car. I also would love to make the Landspeed Camaro and Rat 50 Mercury convertible but those dont appeal to me as much.