Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom accessories UK

Thanks Geoff, I guessed there probably was'nt, all I've found so far is a few sets of Pegasus wheels at Modelcars.org! :unsure:

I've been dealing with Andy for a number of years, his kits are a very good price, but he doesn't do too many accessories, Nick Picken used to sell all the stuff you mention, and used to have a stall at the IPMS Nationals, but he gave that up many years ago ... sadly it's either eBay or dealing internationally these days, but with the internet & Paypal, it's a lot easier these days.

Yes I like his resin conversions too. Looks like it will have to be the states then, unless I can find a shop in the EU. Scaledreams.com in america stock just about everything. Got some good bits last year on e bay but not seen anything on ther for ages!

Hi,

There used to be a couple of people who stocked American aftermarket stuff but even then their stock was a bit hit and miss. Hiroboy did have some stuff but haven't restocked, I think there may still may be one or two things there so its worth a look. As Geoff said - thank goodness we have the internet!!

I've dealt with Scaledreams as well and they are quick, unless you're a very fast builder (which is unlikely if you're changing a kit around) you'll have the stuff before you need it. If you don't its always a good excuse to order the bits you need for more than one project or start a new project while you're waiting for your order to arrive!

I've also used Replicas and Minatures of Maryland, PSF Hobbies and Slixx with success as well.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi, im from uk too :)

i've been on the lookout for a while and have come to the same conclusion- buy from the usa. Its good to hear that two sites ill be purchasing from in the future are good to deal with as I will be evetualy getting engines and photoetch etc from MCG and SD's

I found an australian site www.thepartsbox.com who have a good reputation. They have dome very cool stuff such as a buick nailhead with triple carbs and headers.

Im just getting back onto the cars now my skills and understanding have gotten better. Got some nearly finished builds that need doing and I'm also starting some new builds, one idea will take a kit bash of 4 kits (!) and one thing I plan to do is learn how to use my airbrush so i can use alclad. And HOK paints as they offer small tubs for airbrush users.

If you haven't seen this, this is "the shelf" on the what is probably the UK's biggest hot rods and custom forum. http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/shelf/

Builds of rods, kustoms, drag cars all go down well here.And they're a good lot. Theres also a kits n bits thread where you can swap or ask if anyone has parts in they're parts box. I'm after wide whites and kustom hubcaps for my 57 ford Tudor mild custom build. (The engine and wheels are being stolen for my idea) I asked an hour or two ago and have had 2 replies :)